Finasteride -Shedding-help

Selin_life

Reaction score
Hi guys;

im on Minoxidil since 11.5 months and 5.5 months Finasteride. Firstly i started my regimen with Minoxidil % 5 and retin-a cream on last March. i got pretty good re-growth, however i wanted better results, then i added Finasteride 1.25 mg a day on September.

i didnt notice any results in September and October, but since November, i noticed my hairs were thickening pretty fast. i almost solved my hair problems in 1 month after November. My hairs was pretty thick by december.

But i got massive shedding since last days of November. (i was not shedding at all before it) im on 6th month on Finasteride and my shedding stopped lately.

My hairs are worse than before.(after Finasteride shedding) im thinking that its because of Finasteride cuz i added it to my regimen lately.

Anyone knows what happened to me? im really dissapointed with it.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
In my opinion DONT STOP the regimen...i am in the same situation... hope to have regrowth after shedding

Selin_life

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

My friends also says that i should keep the regimen and they say that i'll have great regrowth, According to them, i should wait 3 months to see it.

Selin_life

Reaction score
i wonder when i'll re-growth that hairs which has been shedding in 3 months. My doctor said that it can take up to 3-4 months at maximum. He also added that i wont have any other shedding period in small term again. (Some guys said that Shedding hairs will regrowth at Finasteride's 1 year mark)

My frontal area looks bad after shedding. Temples and frontal area looks really bad.

@maximiliandreams How is your regimen going? Did you see re-growth? i read that you are using Nizoral cream, im considerint to use it for my temples. is it useful or just waste of time?

i tried Topical spironolactone %5 but it causes flakes on my scalp.

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem...

Just another 10 more days and I will be reaching my 6 month mark on propecia asswell...

I started to shed the first month and have yet to see improvement :s

My temples definetly got worse these 6 months on propecia. I really wonder when the shedding is going to stop and when I am going to regrow the lost hairs ...

Help me god :shakehead:

FiniMin

Reaction score
This is copied from Dougies success story under the success story section and may give you some relief:

"On finasteride...
The first 3 months were hell, but I kept my hair
real long. I know I shed like a banshee though.
Months 3-6 nothing really happened. Months
6-9 I had a horrible shed, but stuff started
growing toward the end as there was no change
in the way my hair looked. Then, months 10-12
things were awesome, I could start spiking my
hair up again which was sweet. Months 12-14 I
would say were pretty bad, I shed huge and my
spot which was bad, the area right up in the
front on my hairline, was ridiculously thin.
Month 15 or so everything picked up and my
hair has been that way since.
I would say the worst months were 6-9 and I
am currently in the best months. My ex chick
said my hair is way thicker than before and so
did my father who told me that he thought I
was losing my hair but and wanted to know
what happened.
Oh, I am a diffuse thinner and it worked equally
well everywhere.
The best part is, I more thanlikely would have
just stopped using it after 9 months because at
that time it didn't look significantly different. A
combination of not cutting my hair til after 9
months and knowing from this website that I
would need to wait out the sheds kept me going
on it.
Oh, I got my fincar from inhousepharmacy I
believe.
I have a pic, but I don't really want to host it
anywhere. If I could just upload it here I would."

So as you can see it takes time and patience. Ive been on finasteride for seven months and not expecting anything for another 5 months at my 1 year point. Quiting gaurantees continued hair loss and staying on finasteride can only help it.