Finasteride shedding didn't stop with itch scalp please help

Utopia888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there I have completed 3 months on finasteride one week ago
The first 2 months I was shedding about 40 hairs a day I thought this what is called finasteride shedding then I started to feel itchy in my scalp(but it is dry always,Also I use minoxidil)
Now the shedding is unstable somedays 90,120,150,60,70 in these numbers I brush my hair a lot when I feel this itch in my scalp,I will insert pic you can see white points will these follicles regrow again or what
is finasteride worsing hair should I wait I don't know what to do

Attachments

• IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٣٠٢_٠٩٣٨٤٥.jpg
    IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٣٠٢_٠٩٣٨٤٥.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 78

Ajamilo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I did also itch a lot when i was on finasteride in the beginning. Give it 6 month. The follicles that is falling now is the weak ones so that is good

Utopia888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I did also itch a lot when i was on finasteride in the beginning. Give it 6 month. The follicles that is falling now is the weak ones so that is good
Did you have thicker hair then
How long have you been on finasteride
Are you still on it ?
Thanks for your time

Ajamilo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have made a thread about how i recovered a lot of my hairloss with the help of oral minoxidil. But honestly have been on finasteride longer than 1 year and i guess it has stopped hairloss but not recovered so much as oral minoxidil

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you use minoxidil it is nearly always the minoxidil vehicle that eventually causes itch. It is the PG build-up, or PG in combination with ethanol that causes microblisters.

So either start using minoxidil without PG, or dilute it to 1-2% with vodka etc. 1-2% bear pretty much the same results as 5% on a 2y timeframe.

If that doesn't help, this is usuallly the itch killer I use when I feel a seasonal shedding is coming along:

Get 2% ketoconazole shampoo. Mix a big drop (1-2g) of it with 11ml warm water 2 drops of peppermint oil and 3 drops of rosemary essential oil. Shake it in a bottle and apply it with a syringe, pipette etc right onto your scalp and massage it in for 2-3min. Leave it on with a bath cap or plastic bag etc for 15min (point it to prevent it from drying too quickly. Do it every 2nd day or 3x a week. Use a conditioner as ketoconazole shampoo is quite harsh on the hair.