Finasteride shedding and minoxidil cause itchy

Should I continue on both finasteride and minoxidil

• Continue on both of them

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Continue on just finasteride and stop minoxidil because hair shedding may be from itchy scalp causd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is normal after 2 months of finasteride to see shedding

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Utopia888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there, I have been using minoxidil(liquid) for 7 months in the first 3 months there was a lot of shedding so I shaved my hair, after 2 months my hair regrow a bit thicker but it was slowly than before so I decided to add finasteride and I am on it for 1.5-2 month
The problem now my hair shedding is increasing and there is dandruff and my scalp gets itchy when I style my hair
So does finasteride work now
And how to stop this itchy scalp(it only goes when I wash my hair or oil it with rosemary)
Now the results is not good as I lose hair after just 1 months on finasteride and the hair I gained from minoxidil is shedding
The first photo after 3 months on minoxidil
The second photo after 6 months on minoxidil(and 2 weeks on finasteride)
The third photo after 7 months on minoxidil and 1.5 month on finasteride(nowadays)
As you can see the second photo my hair looks good but now it is going worse
So what do you advise me to do

IMG_٢٠٢٢٠١٠٣_١٤٤٥٤٠.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_٢٠٢٢٠١٠٣_١٤٤٦٠٢.jpg
    IMG_٢٠٢٢٠١٠٣_١٤٤٦٠٢.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٢٠١_١٢٣٧٠٣.jpg
    IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٢٠١_١٢٣٧٠٣.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 72

Utopia888

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is my hair before 2 years now
I just start lose my hair when I get 20 before 1 year now
And I started treatments as you see 7 months ago
Will finasteride and minoxidil restore my hair
I headed that dandruff and itchy scalp caused by minoxidil may damage even healthy follicles
What should I do!?
IMG_20220201_125826.jpg

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's super hard to tell dude when your hair is long and wet.

It looks like some thinning at the crown there. But honestly, it's hard to say 100% from those photos. Can you post some photos in good, neutral light (like outside on an overcast day) when your hair is dry and shorter? Probably not I guess.

My advice to you would be to go to a doctor. They can have a good look, and if it is thinning as it appears to be in those photos, they'll give you something to stop and reverse it. Finasteride, I would advise to take less than 1mg a day personally. It's still proven almost as effective with a fraction of the emasculating side effects at as low as 2mg a week.

But don't take advice from forum weirdos (including me). See a doctor.

Utopia888

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's super hard to tell dude when your hair is long and wet.

It looks like some thinning at the crown there. But honestly, it's hard to say 100% from those photos. Can you post some photos in good, neutral light (like outside on an overcast day) when your hair is dry and shorter? Probably not I guess.

My advice to you would be to go to a doctor. They can have a good look, and if it is thinning as it appears to be in those photos, they'll give you something to stop and reverse it. Finasteride, I would advise to take less than 1mg a day personally. It's still proven almost as effective with a fraction of the emasculating side effects at as low as 2mg a week.

But don't take advice from forum weirdos (including me). See a doctor.
Actually I am on finasteride now since 1.5 month at first there was no shedding like now
And about dose I split 5 mg to 4 parts and take 1.25 mg/day actually there is no 1 mg available in my country

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually I am on finasteride now since 1.5 month at first there was no shedding like now
And about dose I split 5 mg to 4 parts and take 1.25 mg/day actually there is no 1 mg available in my country
You'd probably be better of taking 1.25mg every second day. Less side effects and almost exactly the same result.