Finasteride Shedding After 8 Months?

Alfred11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys. I started finasteride this year on January with 0,5mg. First days i notice some testicle pain but not too much (just 1 day) and i notice my hair loss stopped maybe was placebo then the hairloss back to the normal and i tought it was shedding then 1month ago i started to take 1mg and i feel the same the hairloss stopped for like 3-4 days and then its back again and i have no idea whats going on.

When i comb my hair with my hands i can lose up to 4 hairs.
When i shower my hair i can lose like 20-30 hairs or more..

My regimen is - finasteride 1mg, minoxidil 1x day with soft dermarolling before, keto shampoo every other day, biotin 10k, vit d3, multi vitamin (all vits), zinc, vit k2, ALA, taurin, lysine, magnesium,

I do exercise 5x week, healthy lifestyle, no smoke,etc, The only bad i guess its i do eat carbs like rice,potato, oatmeal wich are high on glycemic index.

Danny-kins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride can often lead to temporarily increased hair shedding. So if you've upped the dosage, you're likely to see increased hair loss for a month or so after (some people are more or less sensitive, so it's really dependent on the person). It's temporary though and certainly not permanent! Just think of it as weeding out the sick and laying the groundwork for more healthy hair follicles.

It's also important to note that people lose 50 - 150 hairs each day, with up to double that amount on wash days (though again, the specific amounts are very dependent on the person), so don't panic!

Ummwhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
I shed really bad at the 3rd and 8th months. Hundreds of hairs! Both periods of shed lasted 6 weeks and stopped. I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for one year and had great results.