finasteride SHED

wilderness20

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 4 months and have experienced a pretty noticeable shed. Is the shed a good thing? Will the shed hair regrow? Are their other men on here who've had finasteride shed's and then regrown the hair several months later?

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
in the middle of a decent shed myself, which i believe is caused by finasteride. started taking it back in mid-march and started noticing shedding about 3 months into it, and 2 months later, my shed is still going strong. just gotta tough it out i suppose, because although it sucks, shedding in response to starting a treatment i usually a sign of good things to come (weaker hairs are being phased out to make way for new stronger ones)

good luck man

wilderness20

Reaction score
Mircalegro said:
in the middle of a decent shed myself, which i believe is caused by finasteride. started taking it back in mid-march and started noticing shedding about 3 months into it, and 2 months later, my shed is still going strong. just gotta tough it out i suppose, because although it sucks, shedding in response to starting a treatment i usually a sign of good things to come (weaker hairs are being phased out to make way for new stronger ones)

good luck man

Thanks for sharing bro. Ive been on it for 6.5 months now. Seems to be working but not sure because I keep my hair high and tight. Hows yours doing bro?

BATTLETIME

Reaction score
Just thought id chip in myself here. I started taking Propecia about a month & a half ago & im still losing hair. Its increased dramatically & im worried. Did yours grow back from the shed?