Finasteride Sexual Side Effects I Need Help

Nicklas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm 18 years old and got a perscription of finasteride for androgenetic alopecia from a dermatologist. I took one pill and soon after i became very tired so i decided to wait a few days with starting it because i thought that maybe i was getting sick or something. However in the following days my sex drive went down to absolutely zero and i got almost all sexual side effects. It didnt get better so i went to take a testosterone blood test a week later and the result was 960 ng/dl wich is pretty high, actually a little bit above their normal range. Because of this result and that i didnt get better i talked to my doctor and he got me tested for many hormones this time. This time my testosterone was 634 ng/dl wich is very normal. They did not test estrogen or dht.

My questions are: Why did i have 960 ng/dl test 1 week after taking a finasteride pill and then five weeks later i had 634 ng/dl test. Is it possible for finasteride to do that?
And is it possible that high estrogen or low dht is the reason i still have these side effects after 2 months?
I know for sure my estrogen was elevated for some time because i got lumps under my nipples.
I just dont know what to do. Will my body be able to restore itself and balance the hormones again?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
You most likely have anxiety. Stop thinking about it and you'll feel better.

Testosterone can vary a lot and it can even decrease with up to 50% during the day. Did you take both tests in the morning?

Nicklas

My Regimen
Reaction score
You most likely have anxiety. Stop thinking about it and you'll feel better.

Testosterone can vary a lot and it can even decrease with up to 50% during the day. Did you take both tests in the morning?

Yes i took both tests in the morning and didnt eat before as i was told not to. Of course things doesnt get better if i have anxiety too but physical things like watery semen that lasted 2 weeks and breast tenderness with irregular lumps under my nipples wich started 2 weeks after i took the dose and lasted about a week cant be imagined. The doctor that helped me take the tests actually perscribes finasteride for enlarged prostates and when i asked why they didnt test DHT he didnt even know what DHT was. Like wtf?! I still have the lumps under my nipples but they does not hurt anymore but its still very uncomfortable. I still have very low libido wich i have never had problems with before and shouldnt have problems with because i'm 18.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes i took both tests in the morning and didnt eat before as i was told not to. Of course things doesnt get better if i have anxiety too but physical things like watery semen that lasted 2 weeks and breast tenderness with irregular lumps under my nipples wich started 2 weeks after i took the dose and lasted about a week cant be imagined. The doctor that helped me take the tests actually perscribes finasteride for enlarged prostates and when i asked why they didnt test DHT he didnt even know what DHT was. Like wtf?! I still have the lumps under my nipples but they does not hurt anymore but its still very uncomfortable. I still have very low libido wich i have never had problems with before and shouldnt have problems with because i'm 18.
I find it very unlikely that one pill caused all of that. Like I said previously, hormones vary a lot naturally, one bad night of sleep could "tank" your testosterone and it'll go back to normal the next day. Has a doctor even confirmed that there are lumps?

Nicklas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it very unlikely that one pill caused all of that. Like I said previously, hormones vary a lot naturally, one bad night of sleep could "tank" your testosterone and it'll go back to normal the next day. Has a doctor even confirmed that there are lumps?
I'm not saying the pill is still in my body f*****g sh*t up, but rather that it tricked the body to mess up the hormones. Maybe i just have to go to an expensive private specialt or something. I dont have the time or money for this. It's f*****g ridiculous how this can happen.
Will update if it gets better.

Dextrofinasteride

My Regimen
Reaction score
There can be many factors that decrease sex drive. I went from being the literal best ladies man in the summer and then a monk in fall and am now a ladies man again. Stress can and will fck you up my friend. You can see my post in other threads for encouragement if you like bro

Nicklas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so guys, it has been 9 months and im almost normal again. I would say 80-90% recovered and i assume it will get even better in a few more months. The lacking 10-20% could be other things. Just wanted to update and not be like most people that write about the side effects and never come back.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so guys, it has been 9 months and im almost normal again. I would say 80-90% recovered and i assume it will get even better in a few more months. The lacking 10-20% could be other things. Just wanted to update and not be like most people that write about the side effects and never come back.
It took u 9 months to recover from 1 pill?

Nicklas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel relieved now and don't even care about my hair anymore it's not even that bad. Still got pretty thick hair overall, just slow receding hairline (temples). And slight thinning in the front.

Nicklas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I just wanted to come back and say that I'm now 100% back to normal. My nipples have gone back to their normal size, my libido is pretty high, my sensitivty is back 100%, and I wake up with morning wood almost every day.

I hope some day that we can find out why this occurs in some men. Because this is not a made up thing yet a lot of people deny it. I would really like to know the biological reason to why some men can't handle 5ar inhibitors and why some doesn't have any problems at all. Doctors seem to simplify the role of DHT and some even say it's a "trash hormone" but obviously it does something.

Last edited:

Nicklas

My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you do to get better?
I tried exercising more, eating healthy, taking vitamin supplements, taking creatine, and cbd oil. But none of that improved my condition at the time. The only thing that got me better was the passage of time.

jazz1

Reaction score