Finasteride Sex Drive Issues (ed/libido)

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That was a great Christmas gift for you, man. Being sides free. Congrats! How long did you have the sides for?

I'd say it's taken 2 months.
Getting 3 blood tests along the way has also shown me that my testosterone levels massively drop whilst taking finasteride and they have slowly bounced back over 2 months. Side-effects have dropped off as testosterone has increased.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say it's taken 2 months.
Getting 3 blood tests along the way has also shown me that my testosterone levels massively drop whilst taking finasteride and they have slowly bounced back over 2 months. Side-effects have dropped off as testosterone has increased.

Hmm, interesting because the finsteride related literature says there's n increase in testosterone (due to it not being converted to dht). Again, congrats on your recovery!

INT

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting because the finsteride related literature says there's n increase in testosterone (due to it not being converted to dht). Again, congrats on your recovery!

That is the case for the lucky ones yes. Not everyone here falls in that category.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stopped pumpkin seed oil and Zinc supplementation. Only getting Zinc through my multi-vits.

Trying to take Finasteride again as my hair is starting to look weird again. Trying brand name Propecia at 0.25mg once a week.

Took one dose last week (Friday), and may have felt side effects for 1-2 days or it could have been in my head - otherwise feeling fine. Took my second dose today(Sunday) and will see what happens. Will aim to take it every Saturday now.

Naturally no improvement in my hair given it has only been 8 days. Usually see improvements in 1 month with a good improvement in 3 months. Let's see what happens.

I don't really have any intention of increasing the dose if this dose improves my hair (doesn't take much to improve my hair). If I get side-effects or my hair doesn't improve, I'll reassess.

This is a nice little log for myself.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would consider Breezula but it's so damn expensive. Hopefully when Winlevi/Breezula come out things will get cheaper and we won't even have to consider finasteride.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is something very strange about the way finasteride works. I feel much better on my extreme regimen of testosterone blockers and estrogen than I ever did on even super small doses of finasteride. I tried taking 0.25 mg of finasteride just twice a week and still felt like sh*t. Also finasteride made my balls ache which is something I have never felt being on Cyproterone and Estradiol. It's strange but there is a much higher risk of having long term Ed problems from finasteride than there is from taking e.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would consider Breezula but it's so damn expensive. Hopefully when Winlevi/Breezula come out things will get cheaper and we won't even have to consider finasteride.

is breezula no longterm danger and no sides?

wemustchange

Reaction score
DHT isn't that important in men after reaching full sexual maturity, regular testosterone and free T do most of the lifting in adult men's libido. The increased regular T more than makes up for the lost DHT, the key is to control the increase in estrogens.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Btw finasteride lowers Free T for many people (despite increasing overall T ) and thats where the sides usually kick in . At least it did for me and several other cases i ve seen

wemustchange

Reaction score
Btw finasteride lowers Free T for many people (despite increasing overall T ) and thats where the sides usually kick in . At least it did for me and several other cases i ve seen

How? I remember the legendary Bryan discussing this many years ago and he disagreed. Any studies to cite finasteride/dutasteride lowering "free t". I'd like to read them and catch up. Regardless, I have a suspicion of people having sexual sides when using these drugs must get their E2 levels monitored and controlled.

mvalley

Reaction score
finasteride raises SHBG which ultimately lowers free T. I verified with my own blood tests. SHBG goes up due to the higher E2 levels.

SamAlsop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember when I first encountered such a problem. After taking the medication, I experienced sexual-side effects.

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I'm 25, I tried finasteride 3 years ago with huge result for almost 1 year, unfortunately I fought a lot with dead dick/low libido so I stopped. After 3 years I decided to take DHT blocker Vitaminity (2 tables day), on the first month I had incredible sexual power, really strong dick. After 3 month I'm here again with bad erection/low libido and I don't feel I can have sex with a girl! So I stopped, I'm pretty sure my hair will get worse even if I'm on minoxidil, I'm not sure what to try, I tried everything even the low finasteride dose. Maybe I have to try topical finasteride or dutasteride and I literally fought everything

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be bad. You should make an attempt to mitigate other factors before ceasing treatment since fina is currently our best hair loss treatment. Try a couple things first:

1. Get on DIM at least 300 mg a day and zinc 100 mg a day
2. Lose weight.
3. Start lifting weights
4. Stop looking at p**rn for at least a week straight.
Wish it was this easy. These will help but not a margin bullet if you have sides.