Finasteride ruined

Hair36123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there,
I do not know English well. I apologize for the mistakes already
I will turn 21 after 1 month
My hair has been shedding very aggressively for 3 years. I have a headache, itching and burning. I used Rouccutane for 6 months for this. Oil gently reduces pain and hair loss

I don't understand the cause of the pain and itching in my head.
I've been taking finasteride and magnesium citrate for 10 days. My hair loss increased 3-4 times, pain and itching also increased.

What should I do, should I quit finasteride
My hair on the nape and sides is very thick and does not fall out, only the front and top are falling out, does this indicate that it is genetic
Although I went to the doctor many times, I could not fully understand the reason for the hair loss. Is this pain, itching and burning evidence of genetic hair loss?
Every day 500-600 strands of hair are shed.

My hair looks very dull, I thought finasteride would have a nice effect but on the contrary it sheds my hair much more.

Attachments

• IMG_20210517_085950[1].jpg
    IMG_20210517_085950[1].jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20210517_085924[1].jpg
    IMG_20210517_085924[1].jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20210517_085441[1].jpg
    IMG_20210517_085441[1].jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. What is your genetic history with balding? Look into this.
2. It looks like you got finasteride. Did you have a dermatologist examine your scalp and prescribe you it? They wouldn't have prescribed it if they didn't think you were balding.
3. Finasteride does cause hair shedding because your scalp is replacing the bad miniaturized hair with new less miniaturized hair. Usually this occurs after a couple months on medication though. I would advise sticking to the doctors instructions with treatment.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also looking at your hair. It reminds me of my hair. I have some minor thinning on top and at the hairline. So I wouldn't just listen to everyone on here who say you aren't balding. It could be a very early stage and starting treatment now could be optimal.

Hair36123

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. What is your genetic history with balding? Look into this.
2. It looks like you got finasteride. Did you have a dermatologist examine your scalp and prescribe you it? They wouldn't have prescribed it if they didn't think you were balding.
3. Finasteride does cause hair shedding because your scalp is replacing the bad miniaturized hair with new less miniaturized hair. Usually this occurs after a couple months on medication though. I would advise sticking to the doctors instructions with treatment.
There's no bald on my mom's side, it's very rare on the dad's side

the doctor did not recommend it because of its side effects, I bought it myself from the pharmacy

Don't be fooled by the lack of a distinct clarity. I have very little hair, especially compared to the nape of the neck.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very clearly thinning on the crown, itching and burning could be the inflammation from losing hair or something more serious. See a dermatologist and continue to take finasteride, evaluate in 1 year. You've been on it 10 days, you wont see true results for months.

Drop the magnesium, don't need it.

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no bald on my mom's side, it's very rare on the dad's side

the doctor did not recommend it because of its side effects, I bought it myself from the pharmacy

Don't be fooled by the lack of a distinct clarity. I have very little hair, especially compared to the nape of the neck.
Yeah. I'm kinda in similar boat. My mom no one is bald but on my dad's side everyone is bald.

Did the doctor diagnose you with male pattern baldness then advised against the drug or did he say that he didn't think you were balding? I just started finasteride at .25mg and if things go well for a month I might up the dose to .5mg and stay there. The drug is fda approved and I had some minor sides like ball ache early on but overall I've been doing fine. I think it's worth it to at least try to save your hair so you have no regrets if you do lose your hair.

You have enough hair so that no one will call you out as balding. Usually by the time you discover hair loss you already lost 50% of your hair. But thankfully you only need 50% coverage to have the appearance of a full head.

Hair36123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very clearly thinning on the crown, itching and burning could be the inflammation from losing hair or something more serious. See a dermatologist and continue to take finasteride, evaluate in 1 year. You've been on it 10 days, you wont see true results for months.

Drop the magnesium, don't need it.
What is the cause of the pain and itching in my head

How can I stop this. I used ketoconazole shampoo and it made the pain even worse

Is omega 3 good?