Finasteride (Proscar/Procepia) reduces body hair?

wombat

Reaction score
I've heard that taking Finasteride will also reduce body-hair in males (chest, back, etc.). This is because it blocks testosterone conversion in the skin (or something).

Anyone know anything about this? I'm taking 1/4 of a 5mg Proscar pill per day.

Stingray

Reaction score
It's a cruel trick how body hair and scalp hair are oppositely effected by DHT. So yes, that is completely true. Ever since starting my regimen 11 months ago I have noticed a slight reduction and slowing of the growth of body hair. A welcome side effect may I say too.

bombscience

Reaction score
god damn sting i think you're my twin... slowing body hair... but not really any regrowth.

same exact results.

Stingray

Reaction score
I've slowed the degradation of my scalp hair too though. So it's not like nothing as happened. This is why I'm moving on to more powerful crap.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn, my body just gets hairier,. though marginally. Would be nice if the finasteride took that down a notch,. or maybe it does, and I'd just be a furry beast on minoxidil alone..

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i sure hope it does, i have more hair on my left leg than i do on my head.

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed more body hair with the big 3. I probably consider myself alittle hairier then most to begin with. My arms and chest are certainly hairier.

KeVlaR

Reaction score
If you are using minoxidil along with your finasteride you will probably become more hairy. Minoxidil gets those back and shoulder hairs growing. Finasteride if anything might slow down some beard grow but not enough, I think, to be really measurable.

Axon

Reaction score
CatnDog.txt

I had to.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Raised by wolves, this kitten grew up to become a wild baby attacker.

morpheus

Reaction score
ive heard that minoxidil only increases body hair if its taken orally,ie for hypertension,when its applied to the sclap, <1% is available systemically,hence it only seems to gorw scalp hair, not body hair..

has anyone had a noticable increase in body hair using just topical minoxidil on the scalp alone?

Axon

Reaction score
If you're a serious absorber of topical minoxidil, you may grow additional body hair as well, yes.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
morpheus said:
has anyone had a noticable increase in body hair using just topical minoxidil on the scalp alone?

None of us are taking this oraly, and many (including myself) have noticed an increase in body hair. Its quite common. The increase has been minor though. Just a bit more hair where there wasnt any before, or the body hair is a bit longer.