finasteride OR PROSCAR

rob1

Reaction score
I am really confused which to use. finasteride or proscar, I really need some advise from people who have used these products. Also I have read that people shedd when using these products, I really do not want to get any thinner on top. Also where is the best place to order these products and the cheepest. I did a seach on line, but I really would like to get advise from someone who has actually orderred from a site. Any help would be nice. Thanks

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
rob1 said:
I am really confused which to use. finasteride or proscar, I really need some advise from people who have used these products. Also I have read that people shedd when using these products, I really do not want to get any thinner on top. Also where is the best place to order these products and the cheepest. I did a seach on line, but I really would like to get advise from someone who has actually orderred from a site. Any help would be nice. Thanks

Proscar is a brand name of finasteride in a 5mg dose. Generally, male pattern baldness sufferers cut the pill into 4 or 5 pieces to achieve the recommended dose (1mg). Propecia is finasteride already in a 1mg dose form. There are some Indian knockoffs of both which are available (use at your own risk).

rob1

Reaction score
The use at your own risk, is what scares me. Where do you get your proscar from.

VWdude

Reaction score
rob1 said:
The use at your own risk, is what scares me. Where do you get your proscar from.[/quote

Like any prescription medication. go see your doctor and ask if he can write you a prescription for it.

Proscar tastes like candy.

rob1

Reaction score
Ny Doctor gave me a prescription for propecia, however it is a little to expensive right now, I have noticed a lot of people using proscar and cutting them into 4ths, I just want to know where people are ording it off line so I can order it, and feel safe doing so.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
rob1 said:
Ny Doctor gave me a prescription for propecia, however it is a little to expensive right now, I have noticed a lot of people using proscar and cutting them into 4ths, I just want to know where people are ording it off line so I can order it, and feel safe doing so.

Like the other poster said, go to your doctor and get a prescription for it. You can then go to Walgreens, CVS, whatever...and pick up your legitimate product. You are not guaranteed anything if you purchase online. It might be OK, might not. Is that a risk worth taking for a few bucks? If it is for you, go for it...but don't cry if things don't work out.

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
in general, how much is proscar? I pay about 65USD for a monthly 1mg perscription of propecia at my drug store here in NY.

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
better yet...finasteride or proscar or dutasteride?

Now that dutasteride has been out a while.....anyone been through the gamut and have any real feedback on whether or not dutasteride does that much more than finasteride or proscar? All I know from reading is that dutasteride is supposed to be a suped-up inhibitor that blocks an addtional dht type that finasteride or proscar don't. Can anyone vouch for that?