Finasteride Or Not (don't Know Whether To Start)

josefhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
Im 20 and considering starting finasteride.
However, the various threads online about how it can ruin your life etc really make it a tough decision.
Im wondering whether if you start taking it, and hypothetically, you begin to experience side effects, so you stop, will they eventually subside for good?
If I did start I reckon I would cut a pill into 4 so take 0.25 everyday or every other day to attempt to minimise side effects and be little more economical.

If anyone could comment would be very helpful.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not really a touch decision, only a very small percentage have sides, and those are the vocal minority and most of those are taking mega doses. 0.25mg a day should be fine. You could also look at taking topical finasteride instead to reduce the chance of sides, I've been on it for 8 months and not had any sides.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride early. I did have any side effects until the 2-months mark. My sexual drive was super low. I did not get random erections and did only get turned on whenever I forced myself to think/watch something sexual. After a while I reduced my dosage and gained a good chunk back of my sexual drive.

I think for the overwhelming majority of people, stopping finasteride/reducing dosage will alleviate/stop the side effects.

mart1n

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was worried about starting Finasteride too at first. I have now been on it 9 months but I am in my 30s not 20s. I do wish I had started taking it a year or 2 before, instead of using minoxadil that I have now stopped. I take 0.5mg daily.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'd have to be a f&cking moron to think taking a lower dosage wouldn't mitigate risks of side effects of any drug. The level of idiocy out there is truly mindblowing.