Finasteride on temples?

Samcro95

Reaction score
My temples have receded a little and I have a bunch of miniaturized hairs there, will finasteride thicken those hairs up to what they used to be?

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. finasteride has helped some people on the temples, but hasn't helped many. Temple regrowth and maintenance is not as likely compared to regrowth and maintenance on the crown.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
The longer an area has been bald or balding, the harder it is to regrow. For most men the temples are the first thing to go and the longest to be bald before starting treatment. However miniaturised hairs can always be restored. Thinning temples are fixable, bald temples are not, with a few very lucky exceptions.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Some guys have gotten decent results on the temples by adding rogaine to the mix. As far as regrowth goes, rogaine is definitely the heavier-hitter needed to reactivate shrinking follicles while propecia is mostly used to halt any further balding.

Dodo1331

Reaction score
Only way to answer is to give finasteride a try and see how it looks after a couple months

theContender

Reaction score
studies have only verified the crown... but everyone responds differently and theres definitely the possibility that you will have maintenance/regrowth