Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride not working for me?

Hi guys

Yesterday i did a DHT Blood test, the result:

Dihydrotestosteron Wert 0.44 nmol/l
(reference area : 0.47-2.65))

I'm on finasteride since nearly 5 months and i see absolutely no effect on my hairs.
Status is the same like 5 months before.

Is a doctor or professional here and can tell me if i'm a no responder on finasteride?

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What brand are you on ? Are you on generic ? Also your DHT seems to be the less than the lowest reference DHT in men. So you can't say it does not work, I'll suggest you to change brand or go propecia, if you still see no result after some time switch to dutasteride what else option we have afterall (excluding transgender regimes).

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello SaitaaSensei

Yes , i use generic, it's from switzerland and it's called finacapil from the swiss company SANDOZ.Do you think the original product works better then the generic?

True , It's really depressed to see no result ;)

My hairs went from beautiful thick hairs to thin spaghetti's and that happens in 3-4 years lol ;)

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello SaitaaSensei

Yes , i use generic, it's from switzerland and it's called finacapil from the swiss company SANDOZ.Do you think the original product works better then the generic?

True , It's really depressed to see no result ;)
My hairs went from beautiful thick hairs to thin spaghetti's and that happens in 3-4 years lol ;)

Actually there is no such thing as original product as long as the drug used is the same and produced in the same way, quality etc. it just has to be legit so you don't take glucose instead of finasteride

I'm in the same situation, it has happened so quick but dutasteride seems to be helping me.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you mister ;)

True, true but i think switzerland has high standards for generic products. Sandoz is a big pharma company in switzerland.

Dutasteride? Hmm, read many articles about dutasterid...i think this drug is a little bit too hard for me...^^

If someone is a DHT non responder why choose dutasteride? It's also a dht blocker.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride not working for me?

Hi guys

Yesterday i did a DHT Blood test, the result:

Dihydrotestosteron Wert 0.44 nmol/l
(reference area : 0.47-2.65))

I'm on finasteride since nearly 5 months and i see absolutely no effect on my hairs.
Status is the same like 5 months before.

Is a doctor or professional here and can tell me if i'm a no responder on finasteride?

Does it not take a while for finasteride to work?

Also--is it stabilized or still shedding same? Maybe it wont improve but slow down progression.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding and 0 regrowh lol :D

Yes, can take up to 1 year, but i also read in many publications if you don't see any regrowh after 4-6 months then it's over!

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, can take up to 1 year, but i also read in many publications if you don't see any regrowh after 4-6 months then it's over!

Not really, I've seen people in success stories who had good regrowth after 2 year mark. Huge respect to that guy's determination you have to be consistent with your regimen that is the key If you were to go down the maintain route which is the big 3 for most people (Except Koseu check his thread who had amazing results with only Big3) your expectations should be low because finasteride is quite a light drug in my opinion.

Again check people with regimes like male to female people use and how amazing results they get (for ex. Antydhtor) It is dose dependent for many of us and some people has to cross a specific line of inhibition of dht to see results (I know it doesn't make much sense but check people who get no results with finasteride and respond to dutasteride 0.5) There isn't a very big difference between two drugs (some people over exaggerate) and some people will be underwhelmed by the results even if they took both drugs at the same time. For regrowth, estrogen plays a very big role I think whether you take estrogen drugs or aa (like spironolactone, cyproterone acetate etc.) which almost shuts down T production and eventually DHT, people who take these drugs and have estrogen in their body overpower T will eventually see exceptional regrowth eventually (Check success stories nw5 to nw1 of recedingyt).

What I'm trying to say is you gotta be lucky like some as I mentioned above, If you don't get regrowth (which I'm guessing that's what you want) you have to increase the inhibiton of DHT buddy and add minoxidil etc. eventually you will see results.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

If it is not killing your dick or causing sides--i would stay on it..are you on minoxidil?

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really, I've seen people in success stories who had good regrowth after 2 year mark. Huge respect to that guy's determination you have to be consistent with your regimen that is the key If you were to go down the maintain route which is the big 3 for most people (Except Koseu check his thread who had amazing results with only Big3) your expectations should be low because finasteride is quite a light drug in my opinion.

Again check people with regimes like male to female people use and how amazing results they get (for ex. Antydhtor) It is dose dependent for many of us and some people has to cross a specific line of inhibition of dht to see results (I know it doesn't make much sense but check people who get no results with finasteride and respond to dutasteride 0.5) There isn't a very big difference between two drugs (some people over exaggerate) and some people will be underwhelmed by the results even if they took both drugs at the same time. For regrowth, estrogen plays a very big role I think whether you take estrogen drugs or aa (like spironolactone, cyproterone acetate etc.) which almost shuts down T production and eventually DHT, people who take these drugs and have estrogen in their body overpower T will eventually see exceptional regrowth eventually (Check success stories nw5 to nw1 of recedingyt).

What I'm trying to say is you gotta be lucky like some as I mentioned above, If you don't get regrowth (which I'm guessing that's what you want) you have to increase the inhibiton of DHT buddy and add minoxidil etc. eventually you will see results.

Thanks for the good post mister! I will stay on finasteride for a longer periode and wait until the 1 year is over. If i don't see then any results i will quit with this stuff.

Estrogen drugs like spironolactone etc is nothing for me....my hairs are important but i will never play with estrogen drugs....that's too hard for my body;)

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it is not killing your dick or causing sides--i would stay on it..are you on minoxidil?

Nope, "just" on finasteride!

I have a problem with my blood pressure since i'm a teenager, so minoxidil is nothing for me ;)

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sad to hear that, minoxidil can really help. You can use some biotin, green tea extract hair spray's sold at pharmacies which help hair follicles to grow, it gives them a boost. My advice is don't get off finasteride if you don't see regrowth, seeing regrowth on finasteride alon is very rare but it really helps maintaining, if you drop finasteride it will be much harder for you if you want to get back on it because your lost hair will be harder to recover due to quitting it and then you may regret it, just an advice ;)

Last edited:

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Since you are under the reference range it is probably working for you.

If it does not work well enough you may want to try Dutasteride, then get another blood test after you've been on it for a while.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers guys!

@SaitamaSensei sad yes, but minoxidil is really not a option for me...i have chronically increased blood pressure and minoxidil would be then the worst option for my health ;) Ok, i will stay on finasteride ...post then before and after photos after 1 year mark.

@TheGrayMan2001 i will stay for 1 year on finasteride...if this drug is not working then dutasteride is a other option.

@Rapido1234 It was in a Medical laboratory ;)