finasteride No Longer Working. Would My Hair Look Fuller With A Buzz?

vegetableman87

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey everyone,
Originally got great results with 1mg finasteride but it seems like it's no longer working for me. the first year I had a lot of regrowth but after about a year it has continually declined. I've been taking it for just over 2 years now. It's such a bummer and I'm really on the fence about buzzing my hair. Do you think with my scalp would look really patchy with a buzz? I've seen buzzes that made the hairloss hardly noticeable, and others that have made it look worse. Also, do you think my head shape is good for a buzz? i'm 6 ft 1 and 29 if that helps.
thanks in advance

View attachment 52424 View attachment 52425 View attachment 52426 View attachment 52427

resu

Reaction score
Yes absolutely, it would make it seem you don't have hair loss if you keep it under #1 guard with that hair loss type.

vegetableman87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes absolutely, it would make it seem you don't have hair loss if you keep it under #1 guard with that hair loss type.

thanks for the reply. you think i would have to go under 1mm as in no guard at all? I was hoping 2mm would work. also, do you think i have the head shape for it honestly?

resu

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. you think i would have to go under 1mm as in no guard at all? I was hoping 2mm would work. also, do you think i have the head shape for it honestly?

You could get away with baldness. Try the #1 guard, if you don't like it then buzz it off with the guard off, there's a lever on the clipper which you can try different positions.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your hair looks pretty good as it is now tbh. If you buzz it really short, like a 1 guard, you won't be able to even tell your losing hair.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you think a 1mm buzz will suit my face/scull?
I think you would look better keeping your hair as it is now though. Your hair still looks really good at the hairline so it shapes your face. Could add a concealer like toppik if you wanted, wouldn't be able to tell your even losing hair. Couldn't hurt to try a buzz though. It will grow back.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, that's not ratty and wispy bro. you still have enougn density to grow it even longer than you have now. can hardly notice you have hair loss.

we tend to catastrophize when we look in the mirror and feel compelled to just get rid of it. but trust me, that hair frames your face nicely and it would look worse buzzed! you still got normal hair.

are you even sure you have male pattern baldness at all? did you rule out Telogen Effluvium? looks more like a mild case of that.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hairline look really good , and the spike up look worsen the diffuse aspect. you apply minoxidil to whole scalp? maybe this is the minoxidil which lost a bit of its effectivness

Jeff G

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't really chime in with input on your question but just wanted to say.....I would kill again to have your thick hair! That's like what I had 10 years ago. I miss it!

I would pick up some "finally hair" or that black static powder stuff to sprinkle on the top of your concerned. That was the first stuff I started using when my hair began thinning and it worked well.