Finasteride no emotions...

J.WayneUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it normal, even after quitting finasteride, to not feel deep emotions (love, cry, sadness, etc) or very little?

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
No, it's not "normal".

I swear the amount of stuff I've read about finasteride makes it sound like it's the pillform of Hitler. None of this **** been observed in studies.

Don't sit at home, you can easily become paranoid of overthinking. Go out and do stuff and these thoughts will go away.

g.i joey

Reaction score
propecia could probably make you feel more "down" idk how it would abolish all your emotions.... i know something that does though, balding and not doing anything about it..

br1

Reaction score
Yup. I found that being worried or depressed from going bald and having no options or alternatives to cope with, can play a HUGE factor in one's life.

While on finasteride I felt depressed, happy, excited, worried, sad... While off it too. It's called living.

Austin:316

Established Member
Reaction score
You're taking a drug that seriously alters the biological machinery of your body in a totally unnatural way so I wouldn't be surprised if it wreaked physical and psychological havoc.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's not "normal".

I swear the amount of stuff I've read about finasteride makes it sound like it's the pillform of Hitler. None of this **** been observed in studies.

Don't sit at home, you can easily become paranoid of overthinking. Go out and do stuff and these thoughts will go away.

There are A LOT of things that the clinical studies behind any medication will not evaluate or even recognize.. The reason WHY you are hearing negative things about finasteride, is because it CAUSES negative things in SOME people. I can't comprehend why every single person simply chooses not to recognize that these side effects can happen. I have been around BTT for a while, and people started actually listening and giving input the more they got to know my situation. I will first say that finasteride is a godsend to some people and i am always happy as hell when they post their progress. I am even happier to see the psychological health that comes with it... that being said, I experienced effects that were obviously not noted nor observed in the study -

1) insomnia - bouts of COMPLETE sleeplessness. no, not because of anxiety or anything. 3 tylenol PM couldn't even make me tired
2) weight gain - same weight for 10 years. same diet, even healthier, same work outs and athletics. 15lbs in one year
3) oily skin, dermatitis and rapid acceleration of hairloss - actually Telogen Effluvium as confirmed by three derms

I am not fear mongering here. Like I said, this drug is amazing for some people. I am constructively stating my opinion and hard facts behind my experience, to attempt to add to this post.

:gay2:eek:n a lighter note, here's a purple elephant dancing :firing:

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
propecia could probably make you feel more "down" idk how it would abolish all your emotions.... i know something that does though, balding and not doing anything about it..

I agree this poster here. Losing hair may make you lose your confidence, losing confidence will mess you up psychologically.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are A LOT of things that the clinical studies behind any medication will not evaluate or even recognize.. The reason WHY you are hearing negative things about finasteride, is because it CAUSES negative things in SOME people. I can't comprehend why every single person simply chooses not to recognize that these side effects can happen. I have been around BTT for a while, and people started actually listening and giving input the more they got to know my situation. I will first say that finasteride is a godsend to some people and i am always happy as hell when they post their progress. I am even happier to see the psychological health that comes with it... that being said, I experienced effects that were obviously not noted nor observed in the study

1) insomnia - bouts of COMPLETE sleeplessness. no, not because of anxiety or anything. 3 tylenol PM couldn't even make me tired
2) weight gain - same weight for 10 years. same diet, even healthier, same work outs and athletics. 15lbs in one year
3) oily skin, dermatitis and rapid acceleration of hairloss - actually Telogen Effluvium as confirmed by three derms

I am not fear mongering here. Like I said, this drug is amazing for some people. I am constructively stating my opinion and hard facts behind my experience, to attempt to add to this post.

:gay2:eek:n a lighter note, here's a purple elephant dancing :firing:

People should learn to not even bother posting negative experiences on these forums and just refer to the following response chart i have constructed

1) finasteride is affecting my libido - "dude, it's in your head, go wank off to some massive tits and it will go away"
2) finasteride is causing ball ache? - "Bro, you probably got hit in the nuts, finasteride can't cause this"
3) finasteride causing hair loss - "It is IMPOSSIBLE for finasteride to cause hair loss. I know because it's an androgen inhibitor"
4) finasteride causing anxiety? - " it's all in your head, go wank off to some massive tits and it will go away"

there, problem solved. :banned:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw somebody post here a few days ago that minoxidil was giving him erectile dysfunction... Problem with finasteride is that whether you're on or off it, you may get ED, you may suffer from insomnia, weight gain etc. How do we know if finasteride is the cause? Might it be something else? Psychosomatic? Depression, ennui, underlying mental illness, fatigue?

That guy the other day completely confused minoxidil reported side effects and finasteride reported side effects, took only minoxidil and somehow got finasteride's side effects!

Maybe finasteride does cause ED, brainfog, ball ache etc. It certainly alters your hormonal profile and there's no telling what that might result in.

But it also seems possible that a lot of symptoms are from hypochondriacs, they may be psychosomatic or come from any number of other mental, physical, hormonal or lifestyle issues unrelated to finasteride... Learning I was going bald alone made me depressed and lose all libido, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
You're taking a drug that seriously alters the biological machinery of your body in a totally unnatural way so I wouldn't be surprised if it wreaked physical and psychological havoc.

IIRC There is a group in the Caribbean who completely lack the DHT type 2 enzyme that Finasteride inhibits, are you calling them unnatural? That is incredibly offensive.

MoBishop

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I think it's all in your head brah. Not to sound like a jerk or deny the existence of finasteride causing this, I've just never seen any hard evidence suggesting that this can happen. Is there anything else you're on or any changes in your life that you're experiencing?

J.WayneUK

Established Member
Reaction score
That's depression induced emotional bluntness.. maybe i'm not aware of having depression (caused by finasteride) and i'm simply having this flatness as cause of that... playing with hormones (especially at a young age) is very very tricky.. i just can't cry properly as did, or feel affection for friends & girls as i did..i think i'm ice cold, and i think that's depression

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride rape my dog and ate my grandmother :(

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
That's depression induced emotional bluntness.. maybe i'm not aware of having depression (caused by finasteride) and i'm simply having this flatness as cause of that... playing with hormones (especially at a young age) is very very tricky.. i just can't cry properly as did, or feel affection for friends & girls as i did..i think i'm ice cold, and i think that's depression

Go see a doctor then