finasteride+nizoral+minoxidil vs. finasteride+nizoral+Tricomin?

notsobaldguy

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum (though I've been lurking here for about a year, gathering information.)! I've been using Propecia & Nizoral shampoo (see regimen below) for almost a year now and have had good results at maintaining my existing hair. I was hoping to see some additional regrowth (though I realize that's not finasteride's main purpose), so I'm thinking about stepping up my routine by adding a growth stimulant. To clarify...I'm a diffuse thinner and am on the lower end of the Norwood Scale (about a 2). I don't have any noticeable bald patches, but my hair is still thinner than I'd like. If anyone is using/has used these compound regimens, I'd REALLY appreciate your insights (pros, cons, etc.) Thanks in advance! :punk:

NSBG

Petchsky

Reaction score
Minoxidil would be the best choice as a growth stimulant I reckon, or you could look in to Proxy-N.

Alternatively, there are concealers that could give you that extra thickness. Look up Nanogen or Kerasome.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
nizoral actually grows more hair than 2% minoxidil in a period of 2 years according to one study I have read. P-O actually thickens up more hair than nizoral, so it could be a good choice to do a combo of those.

You could even add nano conditioner(got to condition right?! :) ) to get the sod effect and some others effects that are proven in studies.

Prox-n contain PPG(what you find in minoxidil liquid) if I remember correct, in the original 2% minoxidil study, they found that PPG was responsible of half the growth. Prox-n attacks hair loss in more ways that tricomin. the 2month dose of prox-n last you 6months with ED use.

But 5% minoxidil grows some hair, if your lucky, so it wouldnt be a waste to use. But it's a hassle to use.

Congratulations on keeping your hair!

notsobaldguy

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback, guys! Basically, what I'm hoping to achieve is to regrow some of the hair that I've lost (which really isn't that much). I feel lucky because I caught my hair loss at an early stage. By all outward appearances, I still have a full head of hair, but it's baby-fine on top with a very slight recession at the hairline. I'm very grateful for the progress that I've made, but I'd feel better knowing that I'm doing everything possible to keep/regrow my hair.

I'd like to add something that's both clinically proven (obviously) and has a good track record with the forum members here...and isn't a huge hassle to use. This is why I've hesitated to hop on the 'Rogaine Train', although I've heard the 5% foam isn't too bad to use. So, I'm kind of on the fence here.....IDK. :dunno:

NSBG