Finasteride Month 7

BackSoThickHoesWantTheTip

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 18 years old, almost 19. I have been on finasteride 1.25mg for the past 7 months and it looks like my hair has gotten thinner. Should i drop finasteride? hoe come i cant even maintain my current hair even though i caught it so fuking early! I got a month of supply left and really thinking of dropping this sh!t. I have gotten some side effects but no results, what are the fuking odds!

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Hang on a bit longer. You're gunna keep losing without finasteride. Why not stay on it

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What were the side effects you experienced and did you notice them straight away or gradually over time?

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Usually it takes between 12-18 months to see maximum results. Your scalp has to shed the thinning hair for, hopefully, thicker hair, and the hair cycle moves extremely slow. I stopped after 7 months due to ongoing, intermittent sexual side effects as well as lower T levels. I'd rather be bald, and -- at the very least -- be able to slap the ham on occasion than be a hairy eunuch. The decision is truly up to you. Most blokes don't get side effects, and if they do it usually will subside within a few weeks or months. Each body is different.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In so sorry and I don't mean to hijack but I'm hoping to start a thread of my own and cannot work out how? There is post here button or anything..

jd_uk

Reaction score
Usually it takes between 12-18 months to see maximum results. Your scalp has to shed the thinning hair for, hopefully, thicker hair, and the hair cycle moves extremely slow. I stopped after 7 months due to ongoing, intermittent sexual side effects as well as lower T levels. I'd rather be bald, and -- at the very least -- be able to slap the ham on occasion than be a hairy eunuch. The decision is truly up to you. Most blokes don't get side effects, and if they do it usually will subside within a few weeks or months. Each body is different.

Did you have blood tests before and after then to monitor testosterone and DHT levels? I don't understand why finasteride would cause your testosterone to drop when the studies say it should increase it by about 10%?

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you have blood tests before and after then to monitor testosterone and DHT levels? I don't understand why finasteride would cause your testosterone to drop when the studies say it should increase it by about 10%?
Blood tests before and after confirmed my T3 and Free Test were down and my prolactin level was elevated while on the drug. I had the blood work done after feeling more lethargic than usual to go along with my sexual side effects. Wish it wasn't the case because I caught my male pattern baldness fairly early and finasteride would've greatly helped my keep what I have.