Finasteride / Mazarella Dosage X3 A Week

Is it a good idea?

• Total voters

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, according to the DHT inhibiton/dose curve, 0.1 mg is very close to 1 mg. And, The Hair Loss Show doctors said that it can stay on the skin for at least 3 days.

Because of that, I made a topical that consists of 2.5 mg finasteride in 50 ml of ethanol. I use 2 ml three times a week. (which makes 0.1 per application, and, 0.3 mg a week total) It looks to be effective on paper, I was wondering if I am miscalculating something though. Any recommendations are appreciated

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On low concentration, topical seems not to be as effective for DHT reduction than oral
Cf. Polichem study
The Mazzarella study was proven to be effective after 1 year, with no accumulation. Why not just go for this regimen?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do the Mazzarella, but people have experienced 20% systemic DHT inhibition from it. That’s why I opt for 3x a week

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The finasteride curve observation everyone here makes is incorrect. 0.1-1mg of finasteride affects serum DHT more or less the same but the reduction of 5ar in specific tissues is actually much more linear depending on tissue type.
Annoyingly i cant find the study but they did a comparison between prostate and hair follicle 5ar reduction and found that in order to reduce in the hair follicles the same amount of 5ar as 1mg does for the prostate you need 50mg of finasteride daily.

Personally i can attest to this. 0.5mg i have no sides at all and my hair continues to thin but at 1mg i get stability and slow regrowth (for now) however my libido is really pretty flat and Erection quality isn't 100% ideal.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The finasteride curve observation everyone here makes is incorrect. 0.1-1mg of finasteride affects serum DHT more or less the same but the reduction of 5ar in specific tissues is actually much more linear depending on tissue type.
Annoyingly i cant find the study but they did a comparison between prostate and hair follicle 5ar reduction and found that in order to reduce in the hair follicles the same amount of 5ar as 1mg does for the prostate you need 50mg of finasteride daily.

Personally i can attest to this. 0.5mg i have no sides at all and my hair continues to thin but at 1mg i get stability and slow regrowth (for now) however my libido is really pretty flat and Erection quality isn't 100% ideal.

I have read this also somewhere but can't remember where. And even with 1mg per day it only reduces 50% of the scalp dht or something like that, really sucks big time and means that even if you are reducing doses and getting less sides, but getting less effect of the treatment also, regardless of fins dosage curve..

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using 0.1% liposomal finasteride since October and I can say that it has reduced my hairloss. But I have also been combing my hair every day for a while now to apply the solution. So maybe that's just where I lose all my hair instead of in the shower like I just to. I am planning on seeing my derm around August so I am interested to hear what he says.

I sometimes also think that my hairline is improving, as miniaturised hairs are growing longer and thicker. I am pretty sure that's happening.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using 0.1% liposomal finasteride since October and I can say that it has reduced my hairloss. But I have also been combing my hair every day for a while now to apply the solution. So maybe that's just where I lose all my hair instead of in the shower like I just to. I am planning on seeing my derm around August so I am interested to hear what he says.

I sometimes also think that my hairline is improving, as miniaturised hairs are growing longer and thicker. I am pretty sure that's happening.

Any sides or something? Where do you get it from and does it contain something else in it or just finasteride?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
but they did a comparison between prostate and hair follicle 5ar reduction and found that in order to reduce in the hair follicles the same amount of 5ar as 1mg does for the prostate you need 50mg of finasteride daily.

What about topical usage? I could understand how such a low oral dose wouldn't be able to accumulate in the tissue, however, when applied topically, it should directly go to the target tissue, then the leftovers would go systemic. Am I wrong?

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sides or something? Where do you get it from and does it contain something else in it or just finasteride?

I do experience less frequent erections but it is not really a problem. Everything works fine. I also experienced ball ache and slight brain fog at the start, these have now all passed.

Its just finasteride and I get it from Farmacia Parati.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10495374

RESULTS: Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.

I wonder why 0.2 mg was worse than 0.05 though.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects differ from person to person maybe,that's what the channel has concluded until now. I personally had loss of libido, ED. I stopped finasteride and after 5 months, out of nowhere I had the best morning wood that I used to have before starting finasteride. I was never that hard even when having sex during finasteride dosage. Of course, for me sex would precede than hair line and I believe that with increase baldness among men, females have coped up with it, and many find it appealing as well.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10495374

RESULTS: Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.

I wonder why 0.2 mg was worse than 0.05 though.

So, the inhibition curve I posted is aligned with the study. 0.1 mg should give enough scalp DHT inhibition, and since it sits on tissue for 3 days, it shouldn’t have any lesser effect than ED usage, right?

INT

Reaction score
Based on the that study you could be right but the only way to find out is to try it. Unfortunately, there are no securities in the fight against male pattern baldness.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit, I don’t think it will work though. Gonna try RU58841 instead

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope