Finasteride Making Hair Worse!?? Anyone???

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i keep reading online how people are saying finasteride made their hair worse
how true is this??

i know people having shedding phases but say ur a Nw2.5 and slight receding if u take finasteride willl ur hair get way worse before it gets better???

anyone know if the stories r true? does finasteride destroy ur hair befote ir gegs better?

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember, most people who get on finasteride had just recently noticed that their hair is going and they begin to watch their hair very closely, that's why they think finasteride is making their hair worse. finasteride will not make your hair worse. In reality, finasteride may be doing nothing and their hair loss is progressing at its regular rate. finasteride is not strong enough to stop or significantly slow down hair loss in most men, so be sure to plan your life around that.

And no, there is no scientific reason for a finasteride shed (unlike minoxidil, which could have a shed). The finasteride shed is just a coping mechanism meant to lift morale on hair loss forums.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its the recovering from the induced shed it may give you which can make hair worse.
Many people dont seem to regrow the hair they lost on finasteride.
(for me the shock hormanal change finasteride had on my body caused a terrible shed which i did not recover).

The medication works but you cant tell how it will affect you until you take it.

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on minoxidil for 5 months and I had AMAZING regrowth. Around month 8 I started noticing it thinning again. so I started taking finasteride in may 2019. my hair has never looked so bad now. no regrowth, no thicker hairs. just thinning all over my scalp now.