Finasteride makes you drunk quicker

G

i'm guessing that dutasteried would make you drunk at least as fast as finasteride does if not quicker? anyone?

G

Wouldn't this mean the opposite? That finasteride lets you drink more before you become drunk?

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Fukc

Should I be scared, I mean seriously my brain does not heal as good anymore. I am guessing there is nothing I can do just take finasteride for life and take my chances.

abcdefg

Reaction score
So young football players should be advised not to take propecia? Theres no label for that on there.

docj077

Reaction score
Women also have fewer enzymes that are required to metabolize alcohol, as well.

Bertie

Reaction score
JayMan said:
i'm guessing that dutasteried would make you drunk at least as fast as finasteride does if not quicker? anyone?

I would think. Finasteride in mice and rats blocks all 5AR, whereas in humans it only affects Type I. In humans, dutasteride would probably give a result closer to what is observed in all these mice/rat studies with a finasteride-neurochemical type connection.

One piece of information I'd like to know -- but which probably doesn't exist -- is some measurement of how much of this neuroprotective hormone production is inhibited by finasteride use -- especially where it would seem to matter most -- in the brain. We know Type I 5AR is in the brain, and finasteride wouldn't do anything to it, but I guess those chemicals could be produced in those parts of the body that contain Type II 5AR and reach the brain through circulation, and finasteride would affect that.

almo181

Reaction score
i noticed this weekend when i was drinking i was feeling it only after 3 and half beers it normally takes me at least 6 and half

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 2 and half months and the last 3 weekends i've been out binge drinking i've had total memory loss. I've never been like this before, i'm not drinking any more than i usually am so i've come to the conclusion that its the finasteride.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
re-seeding said:
Been on finasteride for 2 and half months and the last 3 weekends i've been out binge drinking i've had total memory loss. I've never been like this before, i'm not drinking any more than i usually am so i've come to the conclusion that its the finasteride.

dude, I have absolutely noticed that when I do 'binge drink' I will not remember what the hell happened that night the day after even though I haven't consumed what I would consider a large amount of alcohol and I am gaging this from my college days where I wasn't on finasteride but still would drink heavily and remember the night prior. I am glad you wrote that.