Finasteride made my hair worse? has this occurred to anyone else?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on the drug for a while 0.25mg a day then i stopped and my entire hair is more thinner :( wtf do i do? jump back on and deal with the sides?

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is like a dam. A dam keeps running water from the river from spilling out into the ocean, or lake. Halting the process for a while with some spill over from time to time. Knock down the dam and all that water from the lake formed behind the dam just rushes out in a deluge. Then the river will just start flowing out normally once all that pent up water flows out where it should have been before the dam was erected.

Since you stopped finasteride, that is exactly what is going on with your hair. Not that it made your hair thinner. The dam was breached (stopped using Finasteride) is all. Now all that pent up hair is falling out in a deluge.

How long were you on finasteride for? What SE's were you getting?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is like a dam. A dam keeps running water from the river from spilling out into the ocean, or lake. Halting the process for a while with some spill over from time to time. Knock down the dam and all that water from the lake formed behind the dam just rushes out in a deluge. Then the river will just start flowing out normally once all that pent up water flows out where it should have been before the dam was erected.

Since you stopped finasteride, that is exactly what is going on with your hair. Not that it made your hair thinner. The dam was breached (stopped using Finasteride) is all. Now all that pent up hair is falling out in a deluge.

How long were you on finasteride for? What SE's were you getting?
but i was only on for a few months and my hair is worse

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on the drug for a while 0.25mg a day then i stopped and my entire hair is more thinner :( wtf do i do? jump back on and deal with the sides?
It did not make your hair worse. You never took the recommendation dose, and keep going on and off. Do you not see what your doing? Your being ocd about everything about your body, thinking it’s finasteride; height, skin, hair, face, body, Libido, etc. and then you get ocd about your hair and say fins not working . Bro either stop taking it and accept your hair or take it and try to stop bugging out . Either way choice is your

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Look dude honestly I think you're just trolling but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I agree with Jsmith and also think that you're showing some signs of having the blues/depression. So it'd be good if you could find some good stress relief such as exercise or give therapy a try. All the stuff you've been writing about these last two months could easily be explained by mood swings, being sad or feeling depressed, which is perfectly normal considering the ongoing pandemic and hair loss. Personally I'd suggest staying away from finasteride until you have the mindset aspect in order.

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whoops. Had no idea about this poster. You're going to lose your hair if you do nothing. If you do something, you might slow and/or stop it. Your choice. Make the commitment (AKA: grow some balls). Or accept the inevitable.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whoops. Had no idea about this poster. You're going to lose your hair if you do nothing. If you do something, you might slow and/or stop it. Your choice. Make the commitment (AKA: grow some balls). Or accept the inevitable.
but i swear its thinned out reallt fast ever since starting snd stoppong finasteride

jazz1

Reaction score
What brand are you using and also why not try 1mg?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but i swear its thinned out reallt fast ever since starting snd stoppong finasteride
You never took finasteride at the right dose or for long enough, for the second time. And then when you do take it, you claim you get shorter and uglier, for the second time.

Hair36123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop fina and dutasteride , it's over if you have reflex hyperandrogenecity because it's gonna be worse day after day
Can you give some information?
I have been using finasteride for 1 month and it caused my hair to fall out and become greasy.