Finasteride Log - Will Be Updated Occasionally

yoho

Reaction score
Been struggling with a receding hairline since beginning of high school. First two pics are from two years ago (Apr 2016). At the time, of the photo I had been on minoxidil for 4 months and ingesting castor oil; I did not take any anti-androgens. I stopped taking minoxidil 3 months later because the dry skin and dandruff was starting to become a problem and I didn't see much progress or change.

Second set of photos are from today (1/20/2018). By this time, I was already three months in w/ finasteride at 1-1.25mg daily. I also applied minoxidil 1-2 times daily and I'm ingesting 1-2 tsp of castor oil (Ik, roll your eyes, but I swear my hair does come out darker and thicker months later).

Needless to say, quite ecstatic and surprised about the vellus hairs. Who knew I had so many? I don't want to get my hopes high because it's too early to tell and there's no guarantee that they'll go terminal. I am, however, confident that my hair loss is decelerating. I dont shed as much hair anymore; I used to count over 60 strands of hair on my pillow every morning. Now, I rarely see over 20.

No impotence reported. My hog is still firm and horny as ever. Only thing I have to complain about is a "burning itch" that I usually experience when I'm stressed or working out, which is quite strange because I haven't had this symptom since high school.

Please feel free to ask any questions. And please, I encourage any of you, who are still teetering on the decision of using finasteride, to absolutely give it a go. I spent a good year and a half trying the other "alternative" and homeopathic treatments found on the Internet and I absolutely regret wasting all that time and money.

Attachments

• IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3637.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_3638.JPG
    IMG_3638.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_4336.JPG
    IMG_4336.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_4337.JPG
    IMG_4337.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 368

yoho

Reaction score
How do u control the burning itch and do u notice more shedding when it happens?

I don't. Lotion may help a bit, but I usually wait until the episode is over. I don't notice any more shedding. In fact, since I've been on finasteride, I don't find as much hair falling out when I run my hand across my scalp as before.

yoho

Reaction score
Any weakness in the gym?
None whatsoever. Im probably more fit than I was in high school. From what Ive read, DHT plays a nominal role in sexual development and is also CNS stimulant (among other thjngs), so I can understand the apprehension. But in all honesty, I havent felt any side effects that wouldve been detrimental to my workouts