Finasteride Linked To Erectile Dysfunction That Lasts For Years

Markee

Reaction score
Precisely, I didn't start it early because my dermatologist told me horror stories and refused to prescribe it. I only started it when I was already Norwood 3-3.5 and desperation kicked in. Too late.

To late already ?

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Precisely, I didn't start it early because my dermatologist told me horror stories and refused to prescribe it. I only started it when I was already Norwood 3-3.5 and desperation kicked in. Too late.

Scaremongering is real sh*t (dermatologists also are). But I think your future holds some good pussy-smelling surprises for you, Dante. I fell it. I see you muff diving head-first !!!!

Last edited:

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scaremongering is real sh*t (dermatologist also are). But I think your future holds some good pussy-smelling surprises for you, Dante. I fell it. I see you muff diving head-first !!!!
I think Dante has the most handsome, full head, chad genetics on this whole site. He is just being pessimistic to keep us from killing ourselves.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.4 %

But... People even without finasteride are developing pernament erectile disfunction so...

I am not saying that finasteride is doing nothing to it but how many percent of those people would develop erectile disfunction without finasteride then.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.4 %

But... People even without finasteride are developing pernament erectile disfunction so...

I am not saying that finasteride is doing nothing to it but how many percent of those people would develop erectile disfunction without finasteride then.

The point is :

If you get older it is normal that you have not the same power like a 20-30 old years man.

I see the problem in a german hair loss forum, there are many 40+ guys which take finasteride since 10-15 years (they had never problems with finasteride before) and have now the problem with erectile disfunction.

I'm sure the reason for the erectile disfunction is not finasteride, it's the age ;)

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The point is :

If you get older it is normal that you have not the same power like a 20-30 old years man.

I see the problem in a german hair loss forum, there are many 40+ guys which take finasteride since 10-15 years (they had never problems with finasteride before) and have now the problem with erectile disfunction.

I'm sure the reason for the erectile disfunction is not finasteride, it's the age ;)
or u got guys taking finasteride since they were 16 years old and now afternoon 10 years they say finasteride destroyed there lives

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far so good, David! I started in 6 January, and till now I've titrated my way up to 0.25mg ED. My plan is to reach 0.5mg ED, but I think I will stay where I am for some more weeks. The titration approach is, in my opinion, a wonderful way to infer your personal thresholds of effects and tolerability of sides, and a good overall way to deal with the undesirable effects. I'm waiting some more, but I will eventually open a thread to detail my account on this. Just casual stuff.

I myself started out with micro dosing just over a year ago. I began with 0.04mg dissolved in vodka. I had strong but expected/not worrisome sides which started after 4 days. My balls hurt so bad that i almost couldn't ride my bike anymore and orgasms gave a painful sting in the nuts lol. It also induced a major shed of mainly damaged hair (100-150+ a day).The sides subdued, but every time i increased dosage (in steps about 0.04 - 0.06) they became prominent again. From the point of 0.19 to 1.25 (in some big steps) none of this happened. For me it seemed very likely that .19 and 1.25 are equal. With you being at .25 now i kinda think you are about on the full dose.

Greetings.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I solve my ED I might try microdosing finasteride, 0.20 mg a day should be more than sufficient for hair.

Reactions: Alk

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Finasteride doesnt really bring down allo that much thou, the only study ive read uses mice and at that point it was a huge decrease because finasteride affects ar1 in mice. The only allo that should be affected by finasteride is in the spine and a very small amount in the brain like .7 %.
I wish theyd do a study on nuerosteriod in the spine and brain while on finasteride and dutasteride.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride doesnt really bring down allo that much thou, the only study ive read uses mice and at that point it was a huge decrease because finasteride affects ar1 in mice. The only allo that should be affected by finasteride is in the spine and a very small amount in the brain like .7 %.
I wish theyd do a study on nuerosteriod in the spine and brain while on finasteride and dutasteride.

I wish we knew what the dose response curve for finasteride in the brain was.

When people say that finasteride has a flat response curve, they mean specifically in the skin and in the blood.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish we knew what the dose response curve for finasteride in the brain was.

When people say that finasteride has a flat response curve, they mean specifically in the skin and in the blood.
Im pretty sure finasteride inhibits 5ar2 100 times more than 5ar1 in humans. dutasteride about both the same. Youre right though i really just oversimplified a detailed concept science still barely understands.

Last edited:

g.i joey

Reaction score
What exactly about finasteride is it that doesnt make it a full anti androgen? I've read on a couple sites that its "not a real antiandrogen"

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What exactly about finasteride is it that doesnt make it a full anti androgen? I've read on a couple sites that its "not a real antiandrogen"

I mean technically its not it would have to block all male hormones. It also doesnt block all 5ar which is why theres still dht left in the body.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I mean technically its not it would have to block all male hormones. It also doesnt block all 5ar which is why theres still dht left in the body.

Makes sense, which is why it isnt in the same category nor as effective as CA and spironolactone.

Reactions: Alk

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes sense, which is why it isnt in the same category nor as effective as CA and spironolactone.

We don't know that the other male hormones have any effect on hair. There's speculation, but no evidence as far as I know.

g.i joey

Reaction score
More like were, David.
I began with Finasteride, and switched to RU to alleviate sides but that didn't do the trick.
Now, I have been off all for about 2 weeks and 3 days, I estimate I stopped a couple days before March.
After the 2 weeks sexual function returned slightly - I can achieve erections and perform, but it isn't full fledged, and I can't really go multiple times, I mean I can, just not as efficiently.

I believe the verdict is still out because most recovery happens around the 1 month mark, give or take. So I'm gonna see how it goes and live my life. I have CB coming in the mail, it should arrive tomorrow, and I'll give that a try when I believe to be recovered enough.

if you're seeing improvements like that already, you're in the clear. Give it another week and you should feel 100%. Libido is always lowest first week-2nd after stopping, it slowly creeps back in 2nd week.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Hey, I sure hope so.
This is why I tell @David_MPN to be wary of this.
I mean, one of the hypothesis I've seen floating around is if you're on Finasteride for a certain amount of time, and you don't get adequate morning wood, that the smooth muscle in the penis degrades and loses strength.

Like uh, NOOOOOO thanks!

Wish I had navigated these boards a little closer a year ago.

id sh*t my pants if i wasnt getting morning wood, i think thats the most important erection to have, i mean it happens unconsciously, there really is no placebo at play.

SWLinPHX

Reaction score
More like were, David.
I began with Finasteride, and switched to RU to alleviate sides but that didn't do the trick. Now, I have been off all for about 2 weeks and 3 days, I estimate I stopped a couple days before March. After the 2 weeks sexual function returned slightly - I can achieve erections and perform, but it isn't full fledged, and I can't really go multiple times, I mean I can, just not as efficiently. I believe the verdict is still out because most recovery happens around the 1 month mark, give or take. So I'm gonna see how it goes and live my life. I have CB coming in the mail, it should arrive tomorrow, and I'll give that a try when I believe to be recovered enough.
Can you tell me how long you were on finasteride to begin with that it caused issues -- and also what CB is?