finasteride libido elevation and side effects

Im unlucky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using finasteride for about 2 weeks, my hair doesn't seem to have changed much, but I can say that my libido has increased. Everyone else's libido is decreasing, but I have it increased, maybe it's psychological, is there a logical explanation for this?
by the way i didn't see any side effects i think i'm 90% the same.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it's been up and down. First month it was fine then really dipped. Second month it went up. Now beginning third month and seems to have dipped a little in the sense that I'm not thinking about it 24/7, though b*ners still hold up fine. Though I take it EOD. Second month was a big change. Pretty much regrew all my hair and very little topik needed now. I think the Rogaine is really helping too.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy in two months you saw results! I been on finasteride for 4-5 months nothing!

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah it pretty much restored my hair to how it was 10 years ago. Filled in the crown and thickened temples. Hair seems to also be growing much faster, all in the space of a couple of months. Though I think the Rogaine foam routine is really helping regrow the hair that wasn't there. Best thing to do is not focus too much on results or sides.

Im unlucky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it's been up and down. First month it was fine then really dipped. Second month it went up. Now beginning third month and seems to have dipped a little in the sense that I'm not thinking about it 24/7, though b*ners still hold up fine. Though I take it EOD. Second month was a big change. Pretty much regrew all my hair and very little topik needed now. I think the Rogaine is really helping too.

I think rogaine definitely helps

Im unlucky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it pretty much restored my hair to how it was 10 years ago. Filled in the crown and thickened temples. Hair seems to also be growing much faster, all in the space of a couple of months. Though I think the Rogaine foam routine is really helping regrow the hair that wasn't there. Best thing to do is not focus too much on results or sides.
Contags, i've been on the finasteride for 45 days too and i see my hair is getting a little thicker. I was so scared before I started there's no need to be afraid

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is a hormone related drug after all. The endocrinal system is complex and we've all got a different one, I'm no endocrinologist to tell you the specifics, but increased libido the first weeks is a common side effect, my guess is that your system is adapting to the reduced DHT.

I personally got like two weeks of increased libido followed by returning to baseline, followed by number than usual dick and lower libido. I've been taking finasteride for a year now.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
Into my third month now there seems to be an elevation. Feels like I'm on v1agra at times and I had the longest lasting sex this week than I've had in a long time. It's funny as just before going on finasteride it was the opposite.