Finasteride Journey

Yankı

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
My treatment is
4/1 proscar every day. (Started at 1 August)
Every day diane35+spironolactone lotion.
Adding my hair history.
Still loosing hair daily and at the shower. Really wonder when will finasteride effect to my hairs :(
So happy to read thoughts.
Regrads.

Attachments

• 1659128584321.png
    1659128584321.png
    65 KB · Views: 367
  • Fotoram.io (13) (1).jpg
    Fotoram.io (13) (1).jpg
    124 KB · Views: 351
  • Fotoram.io (12) (1).jpg
    Fotoram.io (12) (1).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Fotoram.io (11) (1).jpg
    Fotoram.io (11) (1).jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 904b45af-9f92-4ec7-af49-6220402f791f (1).jpg
    904b45af-9f92-4ec7-af49-6220402f791f (1).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Fotoram.io (10) (1).jpg
    Fotoram.io (10) (1).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 330

Stalker14

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have very high level of dihydrotestosterone, this is a really big problem, however, the hair loss does not seem to be aggressive. Proscar should help keep at least what you have.

Yankı

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have very high level of dihydrotestosterone, this is a really big problem, however, the hair loss does not seem to be aggressive. Proscar should help keep at least what you have.
I wonder when shedding will slowed or stopped. Nearly 2 months with finasteride but still shedding.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did u notice increased shedding or the shedding is the same level as before starting the treatment

Stalker14

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder when shedding will slowed or stopped. Nearly 2 months with finasteride but still shedding.
As a rule, finasteride begins to work 100% a year after the start of use, but after six months, further loss stabilizes in many people. Be patient, everyone is different.

Yankı

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a rule, finasteride begins to work 100% a year after the start of use, but after six months, further loss stabilizes in many people. Be patient, everyone is different.
Hope I wont loss all my hairs till 6 months :( I am trying to be patient but every time when I am at the shower it is literally nightmare. Hope they will grove back stronger.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is the same level as before starting the treatment. But some days It is more than before finasteride.
U only started on 1st August. The fact that that it still continues means u need more time but shedding on certain days is more is not a bad sign. Those with mbp taking treatment will know this happens

Yankı

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Here is my latest situation. 2 and half months on finasteride. Shedding is slowed little bit. I am really undecided about starting minoxidil.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 16.07.49 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 16.07.49 (2).jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 161
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 16.07.49 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 16.07.49 (1).jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 173
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 16.07.49.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 16.07.49.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 173

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Here is my latest situation. 2 and half months on finasteride. Shedding is slowed little bit. I am really undecided about starting minoxidil.
which are the before and after pictures?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 of them are new pictures. And this is upside is about middle of 2020 I guess. Down side latest situtation.
i dontget u so the top is before and bottom is after?

Anyway if u think shedding has stopped then its good and wait for it grow.

Yankı

My Regimen
Reaction score
i dontget u so the top is before and bottom is after?

Anyway if u think shedding has stopped then its good and wait for it grow.
Yes top is before bottom is after. Shedding is slowed not stopped actually. Should I start minoxidil on 4th or 5th month? Really confused about minoxidil

loner67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes top is before bottom is after. Shedding is slowed not stopped actually. Should I start minoxidil on 4th or 5th month? Really confused about minoxidil
Do you know your family's hair loss history? That way you could make an idea of how aggressive it could get. If you lose 20-30 hairs from every wash it's not bad(imo). If you're not one of the rarer cases for which finasteride doesn't work, you'll be able to maintain/slow down your hair loss by a lot of years.

Yankı

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know your family's hair loss history? That way you could make an idea of how aggressive it could get. If you lose 20-30 hairs from every wash it's not bad(imo). If you're not one of the rarer cases for which finasteride doesn't work, you'll be able to maintain/slow down your hair loss by a lot of years.
My mothers side have not hair even womens. Fathers side is some of them are bald some of them are has low density. At the shower losing less hair these days but like I said not stopped.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mothers side have not hair even womens. Fathers side is some of them are bald some of them are has low density. At the shower losing less hair these days but like I said not stopped.
U are likely to lose hair. I mean the baldness genes resides in the female X chromosome which u inherited from your maternal grandfather. Likely to lose hair did not mean full baldness . U only have to look at your maternal grandfather's head

Yankı

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding look like reversed T :rolleyes:. Hope they will grow again with finasteride. Really afraid of minoxidil because of lose its effect in the future.

Attachments

• BAA83BAB-94EC-4F1F-9834-4A2149F1DAF0.jpg
    BAA83BAB-94EC-4F1F-9834-4A2149F1DAF0.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 141