Finasteride isn't working should I end it?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on this sh*t for 6 months done sh*t all had ahaircut today and its f*****g over for me
supressing all these androgens for f*****g nothing f*** this fuc koff im done cya

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro don't harm yourself (I know you probably won't and you're just venting - but just making sure).

This is the last advice I'm ever gonna give to you so please pay attention and consider what I'm saying.

If Finasteride isn't working for whatever reason - STOP TAKING IT. Seriously. You gave it a try. You've been taking it for a long time. It just doesn't work. Stop wasting your time and building false hopes that lead you nowhere. No matter how much you want it, your body will always win in the end, and it will take a toll on your mental state.

Instead, take another direction to battle your hair loss. Start planning a hair transplant. Save up some money. Consult with a surgeon and make a long term plan that consists of 2-4 surgeries. You are probably a good candidate since your hair loss isn't that aggressive.

First you need to work on your hairline. We just had a thread that says white men with a receding hairline struggle with women. Stop putting your energy onto crap like trying to save the few strands you have with finasteride, tanning and starving yourself.

While you wait for a transplant, grow a beard and start wearing a hat. I haven't seen your photo but I know for a fact you need a beard, because if you had a great jawline you wouldn't be destroyed by a receding hairline. You need to be honest with yourself.

If it's winter where you live you should start beaniemaxxing. Alternate between a beanie and a dad hat (both are good for every head shape). If you can't grow a decent beard, start applying minoxidil over your face every night for the next 6 months.

At the end, with a beanie and a beard you're gonna look way better than your current bare faced balding malnourished version. With this rebrand you'll have a good shot at dating. @Wolf Pack what do you think bro

P.S. sure you're gonna say, years ago you looked good being underfed, but don't forget you were younger in the face with more hair, sure it was cool to have the kpop/emo twink look for teenage girls back then. But you're a grown man now and you need to update your style.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go for the mysterious musician look

bearded-man-in-beanie-cap-.jpg

116eb325b9a5b4cd0cba92142c6d57b1.jpg

This ^^^^^

Is way better than this:

l5Pl7fxui4a4CadTv1VsPOWqgDUO65rxt5gOFuF8M&usqp=CAU.jpg

GettyImages-569120171-copy-696x442.jpg

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
appreciate the response read it all , problem is i can't grow a good beard, i feel like icant pull off another look?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on this sh*t for 6 months done sh*t
Ramp it up a gear............this Guy ( Irishpride86 ) says he has been on ru58841 , Rogaine foam 1x a day and 1.25 MG of finasteride religious for 12 years.

Before
july-9tj-jpg.jpg

12 years later
20210227_151220-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro don't harm yourself (I know you probably won't and you're just venting - but just making sure).

This is the last advice I'm ever gonna give to you so please pay attention and consider what I'm saying.

If Finasteride isn't working for whatever reason - STOP TAKING IT. Seriously. You gave it a try. You've been taking it for a long time. It just doesn't work. Stop wasting your time and building false hopes that lead you nowhere. No matter how much you want it, your body will always win in the end, and it will take a toll on your mental state.

Instead, take another direction to battle your hair loss. Start planning a hair transplant. Save up some money. Consult with a surgeon and make a long term plan that consists of 2-4 surgeries. You are probably a good candidate since your hair loss isn't that aggressive.

First you need to work on your hairline. We just had a thread that says white men with a receding hairline struggle with women. Stop putting your energy onto crap like trying to save the few strands you have with finasteride, tanning and starving yourself.

While you wait for a transplant, grow a beard and start wearing a hat. I haven't seen your photo but I know for a fact you need a beard, because if you had a great jawline you wouldn't be destroyed by a receding hairline. You need to be honest with yourself.

If it's winter where you live you should start beaniemaxxing. Alternate between a beanie and a dad hat (both are good for every head shape). If you can't grow a decent beard, start applying minoxidil over your face every night for the next 6 months.

At the end, with a beanie and a beard you're gonna look way better than your current bare faced balding malnourished version. With this rebrand you'll have a good shot at dating. @Wolf Pack what do you think bro

P.S. sure you're gonna say, years ago you looked good being underfed, but don't forget you were younger in the face with more hair, sure it was cool to have the kpop/emo twink look for teenage girls back then. But you're a grown man now and you need to update your style.

It's good it's your last post to him, there's no point wasting time on someone who isn't prepared to help himself. If you have the time and passion to help others on here, it's a sweet thing but has to be directed at someone who is amenable to change, he hasn't shown that at all for whatever reason(s). You see many users like that on here at times, people who never took action with whatever problem they had and there was an easy fix which they had the means of doing, yet they avoided it. Instead they just became more and more insecure and sad. I know some people have it hard and are not transplant candidates but he's not one of those guys I'm sure.

At most he's probably like this guy in the before picture and here is an easy fix lol with a normal hairline and no more attraction losing recession. Can style it nice with product after, grow a good beard if it helps him or smooth shave, facial hair around the mouth whatever suits him.

I agree with what you said, but he should still stay on finasteride to preserve what he has at the back unless he is getting sides or the medication is a total flop. But he seems like the type of guy who has serious depression unrelated to medication. Beard, hat and hair transplants, clothes, gym it's all good advice but will he ever do it? He needs to look masculine at this age and confident but won't get there without effort and he's too caught up on Chad and "unfairness" of dating to try it.