Finasteride - Is It Exposing My Baldness More?

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a general question guys, started taking Finasteride about 3-4 weeks ago, so I am under no illusion I'll see any difference at all until around the 10-12 month mark as I've read.

However, this is the thread I made a while back which convinced me to hop on finasteride;

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/howdy-new-here-looking-for-some-help.112023/

Since then, I've had a shorter cut also, but I'm noticing more thinning/patchiness up top, with my friends also cracking more jokes about how I'm going to need the power of prayer to hang onto my hair before I turn 30.... It's almost as if getting a shorter cut, and the early weeks of finasteride has exposed me even more, is this normal?

Haven't really noticed any excessive shedding either, but to be fair, not exactly been looking for it, just been taking the pill and getting on with my day-to-day life.

Any suggestions or anything to ease my mind here guys?

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Alphalete - Thanks for responding regardless man :)

Attachments

• 7cf875d2490fb8c4838ac90b48a4f553.png
    7cf875d2490fb8c4838ac90b48a4f553.png
    374.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 7dfa82c53c9961504cea5d47a66cc702.png
    7dfa82c53c9961504cea5d47a66cc702.png
    371.7 KB · Views: 233
  • b4c809df4dc35755bb055f19059fa231.png
    b4c809df4dc35755bb055f19059fa231.png
    668.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 6bd7d44e8898d569fcc236d7c9ab063d.jpg
    6bd7d44e8898d569fcc236d7c9ab063d.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 238

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly a shed, If finasteride works out for you, your friends will eventually start going bald and you'll still have your hair, then you can laugh at them lol, finasteride has a good 10 year study proving its effectiveness

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly a shed, If finasteride works out for you, your friends will eventually start going bald and you'll still have your hair, then you can laugh at them lol, finasteride has a good 10 year study proving its effectiveness
That's initially what I thought, but felt the need to make the post because surely at 3-4 weeks its too early for a shed?

Thought maybe my barber fucked up my usual cut, but couldn't put my finger on it.

Just don't want to look like a human egg at the age of 23.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's initially what I thought, but felt the need to make the post because surely at 3-4 weeks its too early for a shed?

Thought maybe my barber fucked up my usual cut, but couldn't put my finger on it.

Just don't want to look like a human egg at the age of 23.
Assess after an year or 1.5 years if finasteride is working for you or not, if it isn't, you can move onto dutasteride

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I haven't been much of help, but no worries I guess. Just might be a shed, like poster above mentioned. I know it's frustrating af but try to not worry

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
calm f*****g down

needadvice123

Reaction score
I know how you feel bro. I was overweight from age 17-22. At 22, I decided enough is enough and I lost 50 lbs in about 5 months and started going to the gym and started to feel good about myself for the first time in a long time. BUT, right around the time that I lost all that weight, I started to notice hair loss. Life is a cruel b**ch, as soon as I lost weight and started looking good balding began to strike. Luckily, I've been on finasteride for almost two years and it has been working. I've maintained my hair for as long as I've been taking it. It definitely does work and has been a blessing is saving my hair. 22 is just too young to start balding, wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how you feel bro. I was overweight from age 17-22. At 22, I decided enough is enough and I lost 50 lbs in about 5 months and started going to the gym and started to feel good about myself for the first time in a long time. BUT, right around the time that I lost all that weight, I started to notice hair loss. Life is a cruel b**ch, as soon as I lost weight and started looking good balding began to strike. Luckily, I've been on finasteride for almost two years and it has been working. I've maintained my hair for as long as I've been taking it. It definitely does work and has been a blessing is saving my hair. 22 is just too young to start balding, wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy
I started balding at 17 and went from nw2 to nw3.5 for 19-20, I just wish I started finasteride at 17