Finasteride Is Giving Me Gyno! Help?

Woodyy

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've been on 1mg of finasteride per day for 40 days, over the past 2 days I've noticed a tingling sensation and a dull pain behind the nipples mainly but throughout the whole pectoral area as well. My nipples look "puffy" even though my body fat is low (around 12%). I'm almost sure this is gyno.

Anyone have any experiences with this? I'm pretty sure finasteride is giving me results already so I'm not willing to quit, I've ordered a mild aromatase inhibitor online (arimistane) which I'm hoping will stop the formation of gyno and reverse the puffy nipples. But I'm guessing I'd have to say on this forever otherwise it would come back?

Anyone with experiences of gyno and finasteride/dutasteride?

Thanks

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, 1mg of finasteride is giving you gyno? that sucks.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would go lower dose or maybe just stop its not really worth that. The amount of people that get gyno from finasteride seems a bit high compared to what the studies had shown. It was a very tiny fraction much smaller then even sexual sides yet many men on here seem to get it.

Ashkan63

Reaction score
I have had breast sensation and puffy nipples since i started finasteride 10 years ago ,it does not mean gyno bro,as long as there is no lump under your nipple you are fine and when i stop my nipples go back to normal

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had breast sensation and puffy nipples since i started finasteride 10 years ago ,it does not mean gyno bro,as long as there is no lump under your nipple you are fine and when i stop my nipples go back to normal

Do they burn? And holy f*** you are brave leaving it like that for so long. It hasn't progressed at all?

technoport

Reaction score
Are you sure your body fat is around 12%? How did you measure? Also what is your workout regimen. Did you lose a lot of weight to reach 12%? Asking this because at/around 12% body fat and having a gyno is possible if you lost a lot of weight with good diet and workout and/or abused the body with anabolic steroids.

If you already had higher body fat and add finasteride to the equation, then higher chance (but not always) gyno is possible. The 12% body fat is what making me chime in.

Ashkan63

Reaction score
Do they burn? And holy f*** you are brave leaving it like that for so long. It hasn't progressed at all?
No it does not burn,i have been on and off like 2 years on then 6 months or 1 year off,during the time i am off the nipples go back to normal,but generally when i continue the treatment for more than 6 months i dont notice as much as puffiness and sensation

Woodyy

Reaction score
Are you sure your body fat is around 12%? How did you measure? Also what is your workout regimen. Did you lose a lot of weight to reach 12%? Asking this because at/around 12% body fat and having a gyno is possible if you lost a lot of weight with good diet and workout and/or abused the body with anabolic steroids.

If you already had higher body fat and add finasteride to the equation, then higher chance (but not always) gyno is possible. The 12% body fat is what making me chime in.

I've not had it measured but I'm pretty sure I'm at that level give or take percent or two. My workout regimen is a normal body part split Monday to Friday, I also do cardio 2-3 times a week. I've never been anywhere near fat, I've been around this BF my whole life I'd guess.

It's really weird, the pain is on my whole chest, not just behind the nipples, it definitely feels like something is forming but again it's not right behind my nipple. Some of the pain is near the sternum where there's no muscle tissue at all. I've ordered an OTC aromatise inhibitor whilst I wait for some nolvadex to turn up. However if this still persists for a few more days I'll probably go to the doctor.

Hash1975

Reaction score
I posted a similar thread a few weeks back on this same forum. I started taking 0.5 mgs of finasteride about 3 weeks ago and also started to notice a dull ache around my chest, sternum and rib area. Spoke to Doctor who said that finasteride can increase estradiol which can lead to gyno. Essentially you need to take something to reduce your estradiol levels.

I came across this page on the Internet. Take a read as it may be the answer. You should consult with the doctor before you start anything though.

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Calcium_D-Glucarate_Lowers_Estradiol.aspx

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Surgery for puffy nipples ? Are you kidding? That's not really at the stage where he would need surgery.
Pretty sure just discontinuing finasteride at this point and maybe a short course of an AI or SERM would fix that for him, especially if he has no glandular growth underneath or fat buildup.

g.i joey

Reaction score
guys, its actually really simple. if you get puffy nips from propecia with no tissue growing, just stop the drug IT WILL GO AWAY ON ITS OWN!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once you have gyno, you can't make it go away with drugs. Women can't shrink their boobs with drugs.

Once you have permanent glandular growth and fat accumulation, you can't make it go away with drugs.
If your nipples swell up from estrogen, that's far from what I'd call having A cups. It is reversible, provided it's done early enough. Let's be real here.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once you have permanent glandular growth and fat accumulation, you can't make it go away with drugs.
If your nipples swell up from estrogen, that's far from what I'd call having A cups. It is reversible, provided it's done early enough. Let's be real here.

No. Suicide is the only option now.

Woodyy

Reaction score
What a pain in the Arse! Even more annoying due to the fact that I'm pretty sure finasteride is working already so I'd rather not quit it.

Once my nolvadex arrives I'm going to run that at 10mg a day for 4 weeks and then see where that leaves me, for the time being I'm on arimistane (an OTC AI) which should calm it down as well.

Woodyy

Reaction score
I posted a similar thread a few weeks back on this same forum. I started taking 0.5 mgs of finasteride about 3 weeks ago and also started to notice a dull ache around my chest, sternum and rib area. Spoke to Doctor who said that finasteride can increase estradiol which can lead to gyno. Essentially you need to take something to reduce your estradiol levels.

I came across this page on the Internet. Take a read as it may be the answer. You should consult with the doctor before you start anything though.

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Calcium_D-Glucarate_Lowers_Estradiol.aspx

Great thanks, I think after running nolvadex I'll look into starting something like this that is a more viable, long term option.