Finasteride is causing stomach ache and ibs

rcom440

Reaction score
I started topical finasteride a year ago. I started with around .2mg of topical finasteride for 4 months then I decided to increase it to aground .3mg. I started noticing regrow and my hair started thickening at around 5 month mark. Then I increase dosage to .5mg of topical finasteride a day. A couple day after I started having horrible stomach ache, nausea, stomach gurgling, at the beginning I thought I had stomach virus but symptoms didn’t stop as I kept applying .5mg. I realized that finasteride was cause because symptoms would get much worst an hour after application.
I’ve been dealing with it for around 4 months now. It’s constant nausea all day long non stop even when I decreased dosage too .2mg then I tried .1mg. Still didn’t help.
2 week ago I jumped on oral Finasteride .2mg a day. Still have stomach ache but not as bad as on topical finasteride.

What do you guys think, how I should combat this side effect. Is estrogen causing it? Yesterday I started taking 50mg of zinc to balance my hormones.

I know that finasteride builds and stay in your body/tissues for a month or so. Perhaps I need to stop for a couple of weeks to clear my body?

Are there any supplements that could neutralize this side effect?

rcom440

Reaction score
Any dizziness/brain fog/fatigue?
No.
Just ibs / stomach ache. It kicked in at around 5th or 6th month.
At the very beginning I had slight ball ache for a day or who but that’s pretty normal when starting finasteride.

rcom440

Reaction score
Higher estrogen is linked to IBS symptoms. Should I take Dim and Zinc?