Finasteride Fucked My Hair. Need Advice. Balding Bad At 19.

scott999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

So I am currently experiencing rapid hair loss at the age of 19. I first started noticing my hair thinning about a year ago when I was 18. I am currently a sophomore in college and have a pretty bad history of family hair loss. My dad went bald when he was 20. My older brother shaved his head when he was 21. I am currently 19 and would say I am about a Norwood 1.5 and have diffused thinning everywhere. The funny thing is I have a identical twin brother who is also experiencing hair loss but at a much slower rate. Here is why.

So back in Febuary of 2018, I went to my dermotologist and got a prescription for finasteride. I took it for about a month and felt sides, so I immediatly stopped. Then I noticed my hair thin some more and decided to go back on it in May 2018 (finish my 3 month prescription). Well over the summer I noticed huge lost in hair, MAJOR SHEDDING. I started to recede in my temples and hair started to get diffused. I never ever ever ever had a probably with my crown until I took finasteride.

At first, I noticed some side effects my second time around but nothing major like the first time, which I thought was good. My scalp itch went away and I noticed feeling better. Well after about three months I had a massive shed and it just kept on getting worse. So i decided to stop taking it cold turkey in late august 2018. I noticed massive shedding even after stopping and don't know what to do. Once i stopped my itch came back and many tiny hairs started falling from my scalp. So I went back on it a month later. Ive been on . it for about 3 weeks now and am suffering from serious sides. What should I do? My hairloss only seems to be getting worse, not sign of shedding slowing down.

I am afraid that if i stay on it i could be just making my hair worse, although it seemed to help the itch. I have read that alot of younger guys who took finasteride with very aggressive hair loss develop reflex hyperandrogenicity. I have a fear if I stay on finastride that my hair will just get worse. I feel like since hair loss is pretty bad in my family my body is probably very sensitive to DHT.

Another note: I feel like since I have a history of bad sleep, anxiety/panic attacks, bad acne and oily skin. I might have a thyroid problem that is contributing to my hair loss. No one in my family has ever looked into this and I feel like I should. Any suggestions on if a thyroid issue could add to my male pattern baldness?

Overall, I would say my hair loss is still not that noticeable but I would like to do my best to prevent any further hair loss. I am also ok with going bald since my dad, brother and all my uncles went bald in their early 20's. I just want to maintain what I have till I am much older, or at least till I finish college! Can someone please suggest some things I could do before It becomes noticeable!!!

Does anyone know about any other anti-andgrogens or methods to substitute for finasteride, topical or oral?
Looking for guidance. Help me

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CB-03-01.
Im about to order some from kaneshops and test it out. If you google Breezula you will find trial results that came out in july which showed it working better than propecia and having 0 side effects. This may be your best bet if you got sides which i also did from finasteride

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's normal to have a shed on finasteride as the weak hairs fall out and are replaced with stronger ones. You should not be starting and stopping the treatment, it's either all or nothing, unless you want to cut the dosage in half and go on that for a few months. The only real treatment that works is what you are taking, so if I was in your shoes I would stay on it.

realone

My Regimen
Reaction score
This stuff is clinically proven time and time again to slow, stop, or reverse hair loss. I would go back on it, stay steady, and trust the medication. Science is backing you. If I were you I would take the recommended dose consistently, try not to worry about the hair loss (easier said than done, I know), and re-assess in six months.

You got this man! You're a rockstar. Facing hair loss, especially at a young age, sucks. We can all attest. We're fortunate to live in a time with some options-- our fathers and grandfathers didn't have the options we do now when they were our age. Just trust the process, and roll with it!

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like the other guys said - you gotta stay on propecia mate.

This is a life long commitment, not just a few months treatment.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
CB-03-01.
Im about to order some from kaneshops and test it out. If you google Breezula you will find trial results that came out in july which showed it working better than propecia and having 0 side effects. This may be your best bet if you got sides which i also did from finasteride

Much better places to get your CB from other than Kane. His purity is completely questionable and his prices are huge. Wuhan or Lyphar on alibaba are better options.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Folisin is a product for hair loss in men. To create the recipe of the food supplement, as many as 13 ingredients were used that inhibit baldness, support hair growth and have a positive effect on the condition of the scalp, creating the perfect environment for new hair growth. Importantly, all the ingredients used to create the tablets are safe for the body and do not cause side effects.

Folisin food supplement provides the body with a number of important nutrients, the deficiency of which is one of the causes of hair loss. Regular use of the supplement counteracts this process and supports hair regrowth in places where they have already fallen out, such as the bend or the top of the head. In addition, Folisin helps maintain optimal blood testosterone levels and has a positive effect on pigmentation, allowing you to maintain the natural color of your hair. Get more information about Folisin here. You will love it!
can we get this fool banned?