Finasteride from Medical Wellness Centre

Reaction score
I just received my prescription from Medical Wellness Center that I put in for last week - I asked for a proscar prescription and they sent me a propecia prescription. I am not terribly pleased about this and am about to e-mail them about it.

Here is my question, though: I have been taking 1.25 mg of finasteride over the past three years and if I were to go through with the prescription that they gave me and only took 1 mg a day, would I experience a noticable loss in hair or anything?

Jay

H2O

Established Member
Reaction score
MontyWockenfuss said:
I just received my prescription from Medical Wellness Center that I put in for last week - I asked for a proscar prescription and they sent me a propecia prescription. I am not terribly pleased about this and am about to e-mail them about it.

Here is my question, though: I have been taking 1.25 mg of finasteride over the past three years and if I were to go through with the prescription that they gave me and only took 1 mg a day, would I experience a noticable loss in hair or anything?

Jay

I doubt there would be any noticable imact on your hair going from 1.25mg to 1mg daily. In fact, I have seen data analysis from studies arguing that .5 is just as effective for hairloss with diminished chance of sides as 1mg (I have my doubts about this....but there are many that believe this). That being said...you are still dealing with two other issues. One is the psychological aspect of decreasing your dosage....that is, if you do begin to loose ground or go through a normal shed there will always be that doubt in your mind possibly attributing it to the slight decrease in dosage....that might drive you crazy. Second, the cost difference (daily dosage per $) is an unnecessary new financial burden, as proscar is much cheaper than propecia mg per mg.

I would say email them to correct the problem either through sending out a new script or have them make up for the screwup by calling in the script to a pharmacy of your choice. Normally they charge extra for that service, but they might be persuaded to waive the fee to make up for their error so you don't have to wait another week to get the script via the mail...Just a thought

Good Luck !!

Reaction score
It worked out extraordinarily well. I wrote them and complained...and they not only volunteered to call my script in directly to the pharmacy, but gave me an extra two refills to boot. I was pretty pleased by this and pleased that they were responsible in handling it. So no big issue, I guess.