finasteride for Frontal loss

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am experience a great amount of thinning in the frontal region and already have receded temples. I want to get a transplant and go on propecia. I would like to know if anyone is having success in keeping(thickening) hair in the frontal region.
Thanks

G

minoxidil/finasteride for 10 months now, front thickening up slowly but surely.

Ty

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
The reason im asking this, is that I am considering a transplant for the mid-front and temple region. I want to go on finasteride and hopefully maintain the remaining hair, so that i can get the transplant.

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
7 MONTHS ON THE BIG 3.

Vertex 80% regrowth and the temples are coming along slowly i have difusion but there gettin more hairs :) and my hair is thickened big time all over its working. Keep at it time is key

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
dude dont get a hair transplant!!!!!!!!!!!!
i did and it was a huge mistake, now i have a scar across the back of
my head, and all i want to do is shave my head but i cant

it sux

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not get a hair transplant?? It will make me feel 100 time better about myself. Who cares about the scar...How big is it? i have a scar on the back of my head from falling down some cement stairs...no big deal.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you wanna do hair transplant , make sure you pick a good doctor !

David Swissy

Reaction score
re

Yes make sure you get a good doctor if you are getting a hair transplant. I live in the UK and recently saw a TV documentary about hair transplant.. They do it very differently these days... They cut out a little chunk of scalp at the back with about a hundred hairs in it.. Then they dissect the chunk of scalp into individual hairs.. (thats the trick you see in obtaining a very real result.....) They are cut really short to about 5mm long. They then go to the part of the scalp where you have the hair loss and they make tiny holes in that part of your scalp in which to individually insert the individual follicles... painstakingly one at a time.... They also make sure that the direction of the hair they are transplanting matches up with the direction of the way the hairs are growing around it.... so when it grows it is growing in the right direction... The results are fantastic.. It is a gradual thickening procedure, each time you go and have a bit more done... and its nothing like what they did in the 60's and 70's with those dreadful plugs of thick hair that were just "plugged" into the scalp leaving people looking like aliens... The only problem is, is that they never fall out because they are from the back of your head where the hair is stronger.. so if your hair loss carries on around other parts of the head.. the transplanted ones remain there intact... all alone.....

David UK

odb

Established Member
Reaction score
WS6-TA said:
Hi
I am experience a great amount of thinning in the frontal region and already have receded temples. I want to get a transplant and go on propecia. I would like to know if anyone is having success in keeping(thickening) hair in the frontal region.
Thanks

My front was thinning BAD, no recession though, just diffuse thinning. Propecia reversed it almost completly.