finasteride for frontal loss?

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been on .6mg/day finasteride for about 3 yrs. To be honest, I can't tell if it is working as I am still slowly losing from the front (forehead). I never have had loss anywhere else on my head -- just front, the line to the temples are becoming angled. Likely norwood 1.5ish .

Does finasteride work for the front/forehead region? I am thinking of stopping

Thanks!

Ka$H

Reaction score
You think of stopping? You have enough alternatives still to go before giving it all up!

Why don't you raise your daily dosis to 1,25 mg? Cut the Proscar into 4 pieces.. but this would be just the first step for me! Try to use a finasteride topical at least 3 times a week! OR (I don't have experience with this) spironolactone topical?!

finasteride topical: Anyone good results with the products of Genhair? Anyone results with self-made solutions? I use a self made solution myself (Polykur Green Tea extract 100 ml mixed with 2 Proscar)

Don't give up like that if your hair is important for you! You will regret it in the Future, if your hairline will receed even more after stopping finasteride!

Pondle

Reaction score
juststarting said:
Hi,

I have been on .6mg/day finasteride for about 3 yrs. To be honest, I can't tell if it is working as I am still slowly losing from the front (forehead). I never have had loss anywhere else on my head -- just front, the line to the temples are becoming angled. Likely norwood 1.5ish .

Does finasteride work for the front/forehead region? I am thinking of stopping

Thanks!

Yes it works at the front, though it's generally agreed to be less effective there. You need to look at propecia.com and the hairlosstalk resource library.