finasteride For 2 Months, Losing Around 250 Hairs A Day, Nw2,7. Do I Start minoxidil/dutasteride? Photos Inside

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i've been losing hair since 19 yo, but only realized it was happening about 2 years ago.
My diffuse thinning increased significantly when i turned ~23.
I've taken propecia for 2 months several months ago, then discontinued due to sides, but watching my hair fall as of a cancer patient i had to restart the course.
On finasteride for 2 months at this point but no results at all, my shedding is extreme.
Do i give finasteride more time?
Do i add minoxidil to the regimen now?
Do i switch to dutasteride?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,159
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 819
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 917
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 720
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 789
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 919

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lmao, i guess i dont fit the context of the hair loss discussion with nw0 15 yo bdd users posting their mental threads

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep up on the finasteride, give it a year. I'm 3.5 months in, seeing some results. Mine was similar to you, except my hairline wasn't quite as fucked. Hope there for you.

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral or topical fina?

You can add minoxidil if using topical get it compounded professionally. Adding minoxidil helps with the absorption

I use .25% fina and 5% minoxidil.

Your hair line looks pretty good, scalp shows some loss, fina and minoxidil can do better on the scalp than hair line.

I wouldnt switch to duta untill you have tried more combinations with fina because you basically cant switch off duta.

Studies suggest topical is more effective than oral and for me personally i had no sides on topical but did on oral.

.25% 1ml is the same a 1mg so switching to topical from oral shouldnt cause a problem.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2.7? More like NW1 or 1.5, which is normal as we age.

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I say take finasteride again and get on minoxidil too because it does wonders for diffuse thinners

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is good enough. Your diffusing thinning is relatively minor, I’d consider growing your hair out a bit to see if you get more coverage. Keep using finasteride CONSISTENTLY. You’ll more than likely be at this same spot (visually) in a year, two years, three years, etc. even if you feel that your hair is thinner.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get your bloodwork done before going back on finasteride. When the sides hit get your bloods done again - its likely it could be E based sides which if you really want to you can manage. If you get sides instantly then its likely just the decrease in DHT you're suffering from.