finasteride for ~1 year 8 months... Miinox ~6-8 months (estimation)... HUGE F*CKING SHED

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Within the last 2-4 weeks my hair has suddenly gone to complete sh!t. I swear to GOD my hair was significantly and obviously above baseline, then all of a sudden I got hit with extreme shedding. Hair all over my desk at work when I would put on my rogaine, hair all over my hands when I washed my hair, hair all over my hands AFTER showering during second rogaine application. I'm still shedding, but not quite as much. I just can't believe how much worse it's gotten and so suddenly... I'm below baseline now...

At the moment I'm doing everything I can possibly do to keep my hair... Fincar 1.25mg ED, rogaine foam 2x (sometimes 3x) per day, regenpure shampoo EOD, keto 2% 1x per week, I take all my vitamins, I eat well, I exercise frequently, etc. I've even been dermarolling my hairline 1x per week (.5mm needles and I apply rogaine after), and using tretinoin before I apply rogaine every night.

I've gone through more than one shed already, but this HUGE one at almost 2 years?

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all why are you applying rogain 3x a day ever? It's not any more effective than 2x.

Secondly, you're asking why you are going through a huge shed at "almost 2 years" but it's more likely a shed from the rogaine which you've only been on for 6-8 months. Stay with the program and give it another 6-8 weeks.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Within the last 2-4 weeks my hair has suddenly gone to complete sh!t. I swear to GOD my hair was significantly and obviously above baseline, then all of a sudden I got hit with extreme shedding. Hair all over my desk at work when I would put on my rogaine, hair all over my hands when I washed my hair, hair all over my hands AFTER showering during second rogaine application. I'm still shedding, but not quite as much. I just can't believe how much worse it's gotten and so suddenly... I'm below baseline now...

At the moment I'm doing everything I can possibly do to keep my hair... Fincar 1.25mg ED, rogaine foam 2x (sometimes 3x) per day, regenpure shampoo EOD, keto 2% 1x per week, I take all my vitamins, I eat well, I exercise frequently, etc. I've even been dermarolling my hairline 1x per week (.5mm needles and I apply rogaine after), and using tretinoin before I apply rogaine every night.

I've gone through more than one shed already, but this HUGE one at almost 2 years?

If you start shedding drastically all of a sudden and then the shed calms down, it's just your time of the year for a shed. It's not a bad thing, unless it's linked to ongoing, aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia or Telogen Effluvium. Stay calm and remember it will regrow because of the treatments you're on.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all why are you applying rogain 3x a day ever? It's not any more effective than 2x.

Secondly, you're asking why you are going through a huge shed at "almost 2 years" but it's more likely a shed from the rogaine which you've only been on for 6-8 months. Stay with the program and give it another 6-8 weeks.

Rogaine 3x a day could do that to you..

I figured if it is fully absorbed after 4 hours applying it 3x per day could be worthwhile.

If you start shedding drastically all of a sudden and then the shed calms down, it's just your time of the year for a shed. It's not a bad thing, unless it's linked to ongoing, aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia or Telogen Effluvium. Stay calm and remember it will regrow because of the treatments you're on.

Thanks. I hope you're right.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
I figured if it is fully absorbed after 4 hours applying it 3x per day could be worthwhile.

Studies have shown that 2x a day is max efficiency for the drug. I believe it even says so right on the package. Doing it more often will not lead to better results and may result in a more dry scalp/side effects. Stick with twice a day.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Took a pic... First is from a month ago. Second is today. Obviously have lost hairline.

image (1).jpeg
image.jpeg