Finasteride for >1 month. Suspiciously good progress?

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I've been on finasteride for less than a month at this point. I started May 11, 2016, and, as of this post, it is June 5, 2016. I've been delighted by the progress so far, but I wonder if anyone else noticed early strong results that wained later on, be it 6 months, a year, etc.

For reference, this was my crown on May 11th:
May11(Day1)4.jpg

And this was the same viewpoint taken in the same room under the same lighting on June 4th:
June4.jpg

Nothing was combed over or parted in any particular way to intend progress. My hairline has remained the same, but I believe some areas are starting to fill in a bit. But it's mainly the crown that's gained in this short period of time. Your thoughts are most appreciated, and any recommendations that have been successful for you or someone you know would be great. Thanks!

Asher

pv1984

Reaction score
in 1st photo, your hair may be more oily so then scalp is visible.
two photos - like before shower and after shower.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp wasn't anymore oily or greasier in the first photo than in the second photo. Conditions were the exact same, except I received a haircut between the two photos.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I didn't even notice I made that error. Thanks for the correction, my friend. And I appreciation your comment.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
The second picture is indeed better than the first. Is it possible finasteride gave you some peace of mind and you are shedding less because of stress? Whatever the reason, keep up the good work!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't mean to burst any one's bubble here, but hair grows at a rate of .5" per month.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's very possible, Roberto. I've been uncomfortable with the slowly diminishing hairless for the past two years. And of course knowing that I wasn't doing anything about it adds to the stress. But I've barely thought about it at all since being on finasteride and that may be of some help.

I can't explain why it looks much better than it did prior to finasteride after only using it for a month, but it's very true. My hair feels healthier, thicker and there's noticeable fill-in near the sides and crown. It's been great and I'm gonna keep it up.

Also, I just ordered Regenepure. I'm currently using Nioxin, but I wanted to throw in a shampoo that might actually promote hair regrowth, not just thicken it. So fingers crossed.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't mean to burst any one's bubble here, but hair grows at a rate of .5" per month.
Castor oil makes hair grow 2" every 3 weeks....According to customers on Amazon LMFAO

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't it obvious that the hair is parted differently? Do i need to draw arrows :p? I can't even...

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As stated previously, nothing was parted intentionally. The before photo was taken as my hair looked on any given at any given time prior to finasteride. The after photo was taken after I felt there had been substantial results (even in such a short period of time), and every photo taken since then as shown similar positive results.

Best wishes,

Asher

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn thats great for only 1 month, looks like you caught it early too

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nothing was parted intentionally

I never said that you did that intentionally. But hair is not static right, it moves, sits a bit different each day... Just part your hair like the first picture and then take another look, i'm afraid you're in for a bad surprise.
If not i stand corrected and gonna nominate you to the GBOWR for man with the fastest growing hair.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's fair, so here is a photo just taken a few minutes ago of my hair in the absolute worst looking parting I could get.
IMG_2529.jpg
Still considerably better than the original May 11th photo. And the next photo is what I believe to be some noticeable improvement in my hairline. It's a little hard to tell because I've been using a volumizing shampoo (Nioxin) for a two-three weeks. But regardless, I feel better about it.
IMG_2495.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Damn thats great for only 1 month, looks like you caught it early too

Thanks, man. Yeah, I wasn't losing hair too rapidly for sure. I'd say it started when I was 19 and I'm 21 now. Very gradual, but I'm glad to see that I'm almost back where I was at 19 already. Maintenance (and hopefully more regrowth) is key.

abbashaz

Reaction score
You sure you even balding?

When my friend (whose not balding) parts his hair at the crown it looks worse than that.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you can never be 100% sure, but my dad, uncle and grandfather are all victims of male pattern baldness and I'm decently sure I'd be going down the same route without treatment of some kind. But I'm glad that it at least appears to others like there may not be an issue there; seeing is believing, and maintaining is key.

Thanks for your comment, my friend.

Asher

Yanmega

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is a very hardcore regrowth. I think it's more than just a visual effect. Congrats