Finasteride Experiment

stillnotbald

Reaction score
I had reported earlier on my experiment. This is an update.

I was on Finasteride 1mg for 3 years. I definitely had side effects. It got much better after 7 months but I still had it. I decided to experiment with the dose. Cut to .5mg. Hair stayed good. Side effects definitely were less. Cut to .25mg. I started to loose hair especially at the crown; front seemed ok. Side effects about the same perhaps a bit less. Stopped taking it. Started to loose more hair, a lot more hair. Within 7 days my side effects completely went away. Man I had forgotten; could have 3-4 erections in a row; semen back to white; and the kicker was that there was a psychological change. I became more aggressive, more assertive, livelier. All that is great but the hair loss kept getting worse. Now, I am back on 1.25mg dose; after just 14 days hairloss has reduced (I use Rogain Nizoral and Retin A-because of all the hair massaging I think I pull out the dead hair earlier than otherwise) side effects are slow to come back but they are definitely coming back. I will go on this 1.25mg for 4 months to reverse the hair damage and then drop to .5mg.

For me what is obvious is that finasteride is it as far as hair loss. It is the basis and the most important element for controlling hairloss.

Everything else is just a help that builds on finasteride. And the thing is potent with side effects. In fact I doubt seriously if there are people with no side effects. It varies but I am sure if you are observant enough most will have side effects.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but i'm not sure that going back to 1.25mg will be more effective than just 1 mg.

sonicthehedgehog

Established Member
Reaction score
stillnotbald said:
In fact I doubt seriously if there are people with no side effects. It varies but I am sure if you are observant enough most will have side effects.

I believe this entirely.

Everybody is different but the fact of the matter is medical science is always toying with something it doesn't completely understand when dealing with the psychological/neuro dept.

I think I'm paticularly aware of my health and how I feel. If I'm not who is! lol. But I noticed a considerable disinterest in things while on finasteride.

I'm the worst ad for it ever! (and will probably be banned) lol.

Hey there's millions of people out there happy with their propecia :hairy:

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
from what ive heard i thought it can take up to 4 months for enough finasteride to build up in the bloodstream to make a significant difference when changing dose/cutting finasteride. so how is it you claim to see changes after altering your dose in only 14 days? bit sceptical...

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just increased my dose to 1mg from .5mg.
I can see side effects increasing, but it's still too early to say what the effect on my hair will be.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
from what ive heard i thought it can take up to 4 months for enough finasteride to build up in the bloodstream to make a significant difference when changing dose/cutting finasteride.

I think you're probably confusing finasteride with DUTASTERIDE! dutasteride has such a long half-life, it can take several months to build up to "steady-state". However, finasteride's half-life is quite short...only a few hours. It's steady-state is achieved quite quickly...probably just two or three days or so would be my guess.

Bryan

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
stillnotbald said:
In fact I doubt seriously if there are people with no side effects. It varies but I am sure if you are observant enough most will have side effects.

I haven't had any sides . 7 mos. into it.....

Axon

Reaction score
Bryan said:
youngguy_uk said:
from what ive heard i thought it can take up to 4 months for enough finasteride to build up in the bloodstream to make a significant difference when changing dose/cutting finasteride.

I think you're probably confusing finasteride with DUTASTERIDE! dutasteride has such a long half-life, it can take several months to build up to "steady-state". However, finasteride's half-life is quite short...only a few hours. It's steady-state is achieved quite quickly...probably just two or three days or so would be my guess.

Bryan

Wanna give me some info on side effects being = to DHT inhibition? Meaning the more you inhibit, the more sides? :)