finasteride everyday vs every other day..?

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
You'd think there would be a set answer to this but there still seems to be many diff opinions.

Right now I take 1.25mg every other day but ppl have been telling me during the off days my body will compensate by producing extra test/dht to make up for the lack of it since finasteride only stays in your system for x amount of hours which doesn't last more than a day.

Is there any truth to this? Is there a factual answer to which option is better??

Everyday vs every other day, what do you guys think??

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I started every other day and when I tried every day after 3 days I got horrible gyno so I'm back at every other day

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
Apparently Merek says to take finasteride everyday.. However Dr Wong from Hasson and Wong told me to take it every other day..

This seems like a major contradiction/issue as those who say to take it everyday say it is a must and that every other say is not effective.

I know a lot of us in here take finasteride so I'm suprised there isn't more contributions to this question..as this could drastically efect results!

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
It works fine. DHT takes a long time to lower or increase. EOD and .5 per day will both work fine.

Spencer Kobren takes about 3 pills of 5mg per week. He doesn't split them. That's what he says on his show. Maybe that is proof enough to you.

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting.. Anyone else? This has got to be a question most people consider no?

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
interesting..

i guess i'm gonna try 1.25mg every day and see if i see any changs from 1.25mg every other day.

i'd still like to know the science or a) how long finasteride stays in your system, b) how long does your body take to regulate dht levels back to normal, and c) what is the min does required to take away the max amount of dht conversion finasteride can do

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Only problem is, if you take it everyday for too much time your body getting used to it and changing to every other day is gonna hurt you

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
argggg, what to do!!!!!!

this is brutal, i'm stressing regarding this issue.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan, show them the graphs. When the 5ar inhibitor destroys the enzyme it takes the body a period of time to restore the level and thus to raise the level of DHT. This gives finas and dutas a flexible dosing schedule. Missing a day won't make or break you. But I am pretty sure there are charts showing the exact effect on finasteride on the serum DHT level. Skipping a day, your DHT level will NOT FLUCTUATE. It looks a step response curve with a smooth rise, eventualyl stablizing about a steady state level. but one a day off a day, while this wont fluctuate your dht long term, will of course result in more DHT formation than the same mg dose daily.

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan, show them the graphs. When the 5ar inhibitor destroys the enzyme it takes the body a period of time to restore the level and thus to raise the level of DHT. This gives finas and dutas a flexible dosing schedule. Missing a day won't make or break you. But I am pretty sure there are charts showing the exact effect on finasteride on the serum DHT level. Skipping a day, your DHT level will NOT FLUCTUATE. It looks a step response curve with a smooth rise, eventualyl stablizing about a steady state level. but one a day off a day, while this wont fluctuate your dht long term, will of course result in more DHT formation than the same mg dose daily.

so at the end of the day, despite long term numbers being equal, using finasteride everyday reduces 'per day' dht? and if my problem areas are very susceptible to DHT, then everyday would be better, no?

i dont understand how if DHT won't fluctuate daily, how then does less DHT formation occur by using finasteride everyday?