finasteride Destroyed My Hormones... Test Results 3 Months Off.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just went to a doctor to try finasteride. She didn't seem to know what she was doing. (actually thought miniaturized hair was regrowth lol)

I wanted to get a blood test so I knew my chemical levels and stuff before getting on finasteride, and so I could track it. But she refused to allow me to get a blood test.

Reading it seems, as if almost all users of finasteride get some side effects, and these apparently permanent losses of certain biological compounds or whatever, makes me fear getting on finasteride at all.

Should I only get on finasteride if I have a blood test before hand? How do I even get one, if she refused me?
See another doctor. And insist your DHT levels are checked. Blood work is helpful so you can monitor your response to finasteride. Also, I recommend starting on a small dose.

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See another doctor. And insist your DHT levels are checked. Blood work is helpful so you can monitor your response to finasteride. Also, I recommend starting on a small dose.

it costs me 50 dollar co pay to see a doctor for any sort of thing, and I only work minimum wage so it is difficult to go again... :( what would I even tell the doctor? I want to see my blood for fun? The doctor just kept saying like, lots of men come in to test their testosterone for no reason and try to take things to increase it, for no reason. I don't think you should check your blood

BTW I was prescribed 1 mg per day (or whatever the doses are). Is that an ok amount or should I try to go lower?

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a bit afraid of the sides I'm experiencing, but I'm much more afraid of going bald. Losing my libido and my erections is the best compromise I can afford, I guess.

At least for me I am a virgin and will remain a virgin (I think). I am just so terrible socially. (23 years old btw). I cannot talk to girls. Funny actually, two girls asked me out when I was 18 (both attractive). I just didn't believe them, and was too scared to even say anything. Literally ran away from the second girl. Now looking back... wow I am such an idiot

So if my dick falls off... oh well. I barely even have libido now anyway. I did at 22 and earlier but now its like... It doesnt even feel good. Like rubber. Too much info? Sorry

I am really just scared of growing boobs and losing my brain.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro this post scared me . you are 3 month off and your hormonal profile is still messed up , that is strange .
Me the first time i tried finasteride . I took it for 15 month , and my oestrogen were a little to high , then i stop for 10 days and all come back to normal .
My endo told me that sometimes you can stay with high oestrogen for several days , then it come back to normal range even being on fina .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
The real strange thing is the decrease of testosterone : because for usually it increase test and oestrogen .
Are you sure there is not something in you diet or stress at work which cause such a decrease of test ?
you know i respect you and i believe what you say but that is really strange for the testosterone to decrease .

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
it costs me 50 dollar co pay to see a doctor for any sort of thing, and I only work minimum wage so it is difficult to go again... :( what would I even tell the doctor? I want to see my blood for fun? The doctor just kept saying like, lots of men come in to test their testosterone for no reason and try to take things to increase it, for no reason. I don't think you should check your blood

BTW I was prescribed 1 mg per day (or whatever the doses are). Is that an ok amount or should I try to go lower?

Bring in documentation about post-finasteride syndrome to convince your ignorant doctor you need your hormones checked. That includes testosterone, LH, FSH, SHBG, estradiol, DHT, at a minimum, probably a few more as well.

I would start on a dose as low as possible. No higher than 0.20 mg/day.

deniak

Reaction score
I dont understand some of you guys... How any one, even ugliest one, voulantarily trade hairs for erections? Its madness. Whats the point in having lion mane, when you cant enjoy most intensive and pleasurable natural experience like sex and orgasm? Whats the point in hearing hair compliments from girls, while knowing that at the end of the day she will sleep with some NW4 athletic guy who is simply able to satisfy her? Thats the reality, I dont want to post here private pics from FB, but I know lot of couples where girl is really beautifull and guy is bald ogre. No joking or exagerrating here.

The "ride it out" bullshit is worst advice guys can gave here. If you feel PAIN, its signal to stop. Small kids now that, lot of grown man apparently not. Some guys dont want to accept fact, that finasteride is not some hair saving candy, its drug seriously changing male hormonal environment. If youre lucky, you will save both your hairs and manhood.

As for OP, I remember that you were bashing guys in anti-finasteride camp, then you suddenly changed your stance - I thought that you were just trolling. Now I see that not...Hope that will you recover. I didnt read much about psf, but if I was in such tough situation, I will definitely incorporate into my lifestyle few days fasts. This is best known natural recovery tool that everyone can use.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats the point in having lion mane, when you cant enjoy most intensive and pleasurable natural experience like sex and orgasm?
Some of us are already not getting sex and orgasm and the journey to possibly get a legitimate one seems do distant and hopeless.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro , i really think that it is an isolate case , in the majority of finasteride user you will experience no side .
even with 5 mg if you stop your test and oestrogen level will come back to normal level

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pfs is a proven thing, dht and its effect on penile anatomy is a known thing. Its just a role of the dice but atleast your junk works. You should try water fasting for two or three days and see if that helps. Class action lawsuit to be heard this october so we will see what science is brought to the case and maybe that can shed light on treatment on those who have had sides during or that persist after.

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same for me, and I'm 24. You're lucky, girls have never talked to me, only laughed at me or mocked me. I haven't talked to a girl in the last 2 years, I was already ugly with hair, when I was forced to start buzzing my hair I simply gave up.

at least you talked to a girl recently :p it has been 5 years since I talked to one, havnt after graduating school. Personally I think with hair, I look okay. (although now not as much since I'm getting older I feel ugly no matter what). But without hair I look like a malnourished guy.

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bring in documentation about post-finasteride syndrome to convince your ignorant doctor you need your hormones checked. That includes testosterone, LH, FSH, SHBG, estradiol, DHT, at a minimum, probably a few more as well.

I would start on a dose as low as possible. No higher than 0.20 mg/day.

i think all bringing that in would make her cancel my prescription lol

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand some of you guys... How any one, even ugliest one, voulantarily trade hairs for erections? Its madness. Whats the point in having lion mane, when you cant enjoy most intensive and pleasurable natural experience like sex and orgasm? Whats the point in hearing hair compliments from girls, while knowing that at the end of the day she will sleep with some NW4 athletic guy who is simply able to satisfy her? Thats the reality, I dont want to post here private pics from FB, but I know lot of couples where girl is really beautifull and guy is bald ogre. No joking or exagerrating here.

The "ride it out" bullshit is worst advice guys can gave here. If you feel PAIN, its signal to stop. Small kids now that, lot of grown man apparently not. Some guys dont want to accept fact, that finasteride is not some hair saving candy, its drug seriously changing male hormonal environment. If youre lucky, you will save both your hairs and manhood.

As for OP, I remember that you were bashing guys in anti-finasteride camp, then you suddenly changed your stance - I thought that you were just trolling. Now I see that not...Hope that will you recover. I didnt read much about psf, but if I was in such tough situation, I will definitely incorporate into my lifestyle few days fasts. This is best known natural recovery tool that everyone can use.

I don't have the social skills to get to the point of having sex. So I need to work on my social skills. But with bad hair, I am just not confident enough to try to even talk to people. So. Have to start somewhere.

deniak

Reaction score
Lot of you guys sound like in depression. I know what depression is, so I dont want to moralize any of you, beacuse I know that truly depressed man dont give a sh*t about arguments. But I tell you - just look around, after a while you will see plenty of ugly balding guys with really acceptable womans. I know from personal real life observations, thinking that balding = deatch sentence is pure pessimistic lookism bullcrap.

If anyone of you have EQ problems maybe try to fix it first? Well... Sex and food is a basis of maslow pyramid, on the other hand I never came across something like "having hair" mentioned as requirement of hapiness:)

Firemythos

Reaction score
Why would finasteride decrease testosterone-levels that much? It doesnt make any sense. Usually you will have a slightly increase of testosterone and estrogen due to the inhibited 5ar.