finasteride Decision

yayimbalding

Reaction score
Hey all, long time lurker, first time (obviously) poster.

I started the big 3 in June of '08. I got solid results and I knew it wouldn't completely regrow my hair, but keeping what I had was more important.

I never took more than .5 mg of finasteride because I was worried about sides. The first year was great and I didn't have any sides. My libido actually increased and I was horny all the time and screwing like a champ.

The second year was different. I started getting brain fog, memory loss, and had zero sex drive. It killed my relationship with my ex. I was still able to get it up but I did get limp a few times during sex. We broke up.

I kept taking finasteride and I did not sleep with anyone for awhile because I was not over my ex. The past 4 times I had a female in bed ready to go and I could not get it up. I blamed liquor every time and I knew it was the finasteride.

I quit in June of '10 and was able to get myself back to normal after one week. I decided to do .25 every day. Then I had an incident with a female and stopped.

I quit again in September '10, this time it took me about a week and a half to fully recover. Once again, another embarrassing incident with a female caused me to quit.

I started doing .25 every other day after I recovered. Then, you guessed it, I had another incident which hurt the worse because it was a female I was lusting over for 2 years. Completely hit me hard. I quit again on November 15, 2010.

Today, December 15, 2010, I am now fully recovered. It took one month to recover this time. I have had dreams the past two nights, had raging morning wood like I haven't in quite some time and I was able to get myself to near 100% erection without even touching myself. I was taking 50-100 mg of zinc, green tea extract, multi vitamins, biotin and fish oil everyday for the past month to recover. The previous times I recovered, I did not take anything.

To make a long story short (sorry for the long winded post!), should I try finasteride again, or am I just hopeless? Should I try finasteride EOD or every 3rd day with 50-100 mg of zinc every day as well? My hair has shed a TON in the past month since I've been off finasteride and I wanted your opinions before I give the fight one last try. minoxidil and Nizoral don't seem like they can do enough on their own.

Thanks for reading and for your replies!

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
yayimbalding said:
Hey all, long time lurker, first time (obviously) poster.

I started the big 3 in June of '08. I got solid results and I knew it wouldn't completely regrow my hair, but keeping what I had was more important.

I never took more than .5 mg of finasteride because I was worried about sides. The first year was great and I didn't have any sides. My libido actually increased and I was horny all the time and screwing like a champ.

The second year was different. I started getting brain fog, memory loss, and had zero sex drive. It killed my relationship with my ex. I was still able to get it up but I did get limp a few times during sex. We broke up.

I kept taking finasteride and I did not sleep with anyone for awhile because I was not over my ex. The past 4 times I had a female in bed ready to go and I could not get it up. I blamed liquor every time and I knew it was the finasteride.

I quit in June of '10 and was able to get myself back to normal after one week. I decided to do .25 every day. Then I had an incident with a female and stopped.

I quit again in September '10, this time it took me about a week and a half to fully recover. Once again, another embarrassing incident with a female caused me to quit.

I started doing .25 every other day after I recovered. Then, you guessed it, I had another incident which hurt the worse because it was a female I was lusting over for 2 years. Completely hit me hard. I quit again on November 15, 2010.

Today, December 15, 2010, I am now fully recovered. It took one month to recover this time. I have had dreams the past two nights, had raging morning wood like I haven't in quite some time and I was able to get myself to near 100% erection without even touching myself. I was taking 50-100 mg of zinc, green tea extract, multi vitamins, biotin and fish oil everyday for the past month to recover. The previous times I recovered, I did not take anything.

To make a long story short (sorry for the long winded post!), should I try finasteride again, or am I just hopeless? Should I try finasteride EOD or every 3rd day with 50-100 mg of zinc every day as well? My hair has shed a TON in the past month since I've been off finasteride and I wanted your opinions before I give the fight one last try. minoxidil and Nizoral don't seem like they can do enough on their own.

Thanks for reading and for your replies!

So let's sum up:
finasteride try # 1, you can't get it up. You quit, and it works fine again.
finasteride try # 2 same story.
finasteride try # 3 same story again.

And what do you think will happen when you try it the 4th time? It's just not worth it.

Ende

Reaction score
Try 0.25 mg finasteride with 50 mg zinc picolinate a day. Take all at once, before bed. Adjust the zinc dose according to response. Take more if needed.

yayimbalding

Reaction score
Enden said:
Try 0.25 mg finasteride with 50 mg zinc picolinate a day. Take all at once, before bed. Adjust the zinc dose according to response. Take more if needed.

I guess I'll give it one more go and probably start next week. I assume that if the little guy goes weak again then I should probably just stop for good.

yayimbalding

Reaction score
I am now 10 days in and I can tell that the finasteride is still going to cause problems.

My libido has been high but my erections have gotten a little weaker. I awoke today without a morning erection for the first time in a while, although I am still having dreams.

Maybe like Enden said in another thread, it could be too much zinc.

I'm gonna give it a little more time but early signs are not good. :shakehead:

Ende

Reaction score
High libido and softer erections indicates too much estrogen. If it's too low, you'll have low libido. Try increasing the dose. 50 mg zinc in the morning, 50 mg zinc before bed.

yayimbalding

Reaction score
It has been a week since my last post and I have bad news. I'm back to having a hard time getting/sustaining an erection.

I don't want to give up but I don't know where else to turn. Maybe take .25 every two or three days?