Finasteride Debilitating Side Effects...

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am having to use labs direct cause my Dr can't do hormone testing and endo won't see me..Even with refferel..They don't recognize pfs..Also I am taking zinc, vitamin d3,multi vitamin, dim, calcium d glumate and ashwaganda...I have tried creatine and my libido is fine..It is back to normal..What doesn't return to normal is the body composition changes this drug causes..You swell up like with fluid..It's like Lugging around a ton of water weight that is not a normal part of your body..It is very frustrating..Clomid is one thing I have not tried but gonna take something strong to dent this is feel..I do notice an increase in libido since taking the same kind of zinc you mentioned..Also only thing I have found that helps mental sides is a pain med tramadol...it helps with anxiety..
to be honest i dont think pfs is true or at least for some one took finasteride for a year
its about ur hormones and all of them if the are all good and proper for ur age then its something else do full pines check and prostate scan if they are ok then ur problem is not in ur body any more its psychology
i only took the pill for 3 days and got sides and there is a good chance i will recover all sexual sides no mental or memory loss but i have my fears i wont recover those fears are holding my recovery down

abcdefg

Reaction score
When you say brain fog or memory loss I mean how often do you forget things now compared to before? I mean its a huge difference then now where you cant remember anything?

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say brain fog or memory loss I mean how often do you forget things now compared to before? I mean its a huge difference then now where you cant remember anything?

Every single day. It's a night and day difference.

I haven't been able to work because of this sh*t.

Complete cognitive shift.

Stuff I have learned.

"Finasteride inhibits Allopregnanolone and THDOC, both vital 5AR2-derived neurosteroids which exert anti depressant and anti-anxiety effects on GABA-A receptors in the brain.

Inhibiting them with Finasteride leads to mood disorders, depression, cognitive dsyfunction, anxiety and panick attacks. Lowered levels of Allopregnanolone in particular have been correlated with symptoms of Alzheimer's."

holyhead

Reaction score
Have you been experiencing persistent side effects as well?
Read this thread dude..Not sexual but debilitating physical and mental side effects like uncontrollable body changes,weight/fluid gain..And severe aniexty with thoughts of suicide daily..If I didn't have such an easy laid back job at this time would have to quit already..

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
y
Read this thread dude..Not sexual but debilitating physical and mental side effects like uncontrollable body changes,weight/fluid gain..And severe aniexty with thoughts of suicide daily..If I didn't have such an easy laid back job at this time would have to quit already..
u wana take clomid but u dont have sexual sides effects?

Youngbalder

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 19 and I took it for 3 weeks, I got sides as well. But have recovered up to 90% I guess.

stabiloboss

Reaction score
Currently looking into starting a regime to try and combat my thinning and receding hairline. I've never been one taking pills long term and some of the problems you guys have reported in this thread have confirmed finasteride isn't something I want to consider. Can I ask why you guys didn't opt for a topical DHT inhibitor instead of pill-popping? Just convenience or are the results not as good? Have those of you that have had problems with finasteride moved to one of the topical (cream) DHT inhibitors?

Hope those of you suffering from the side effects make a swift recovery.

Last edited:

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Currently looking into starting a regime to try and combat my thinning and receding hairline. I've never been one taking pills long term and some of the problems you guys have reported in this thread have confirmed finasteride isn't something I want to consider. Can I ask why you guys didn't opt for a topical DHT inhibitor instead of pill-popping? Just convenience or are the results not as good? Have those of you that have had problems with finasteride moved to one of the topical (cream) DHT inhibitors?

Hope those of you suffering from the side effects make a swift recovery.
it will cost me alot of money getting a topical dht inhabiter
i took it for 3 days and got sides i only took it cuz it was my last hope man i lost tone of hair this yeas went from nowwood 2 to 3 i cant lift my hair i know finasteride sides before taking it but i had 2 try sure i got sides but at leasti know i tried and honestly i dont feel bad about my hair loss now cuz I tried it but faild lol
any way its up 2 u and if u want to take it read more about micro dousing
best of luck against hair loss

Gigem46

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. I took propecia/proscar for a few years. I've been off for about 3-4 years now. Had sides at 1mg pro scar split, erections decreased so I moved to propecia. Eventually got down to .25mg eod. Still had sides. I came off a couple times and still remember the flood of DHT and feeling so good for 2 weeks then crashing. No energy for the gym, couldn't gain muscle, brain fog made it extremely hard to do my job, Libido/erections never recovered and I recently got my test levels checked. I was at 233 so started TRT. It has helped a ton although the brain fog is still there sometimes (remembering words I want to say mainly). Everything has improved from TRT. I'd wait to make sure your numbers don't come back but it is an option that helped me.

Thomas1284

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am writing this to share how I got through my finasteride experience. I took 1.25 mg daily for 6 months and started to get a lot of different symptoms so I stopped and like many people here had a terrible experience getting off of it. No capacity for an erection, pounding, racing heart, mood swings, depression, anxiety. Of course reading the website didn't help! I spiraled into a terrible time of fear and terror, just like many of you here.

But I made it though and am now fully able to have erections, good sex, normal heart rate, and feel fully healthy again - in fact more healthy than I ever have in my life. And I want to share a little bit about it in case it might be at all helpful for anyone.

First of all, what I realized is that nothing has to be permanent. No symptoms are necessarily permanent. I truly believe any of you can recover and be able to have erections again, or healthy mind and body. I truly believe this. The fact is that the mind is very powerful and can influence the body and its symptoms. That is the entire premise of how the placebo effect works - if we are convinced we are doomed and can never get healthy again, that actually has a strong impact on our capacity to heal and recover. The mental and psychological factors are huge.

Secondly - listen, finasteride is a powerful substance. It is a chemical/hormone that affects the entire body, but especially the liver and kidneys - the organs of the body that are responsible for cleansing/filtering the body of toxins. If you are someone who is sensitive, this is especially true. And when you detox from Finasteride your whole system goes into a long process of re-equilibrizing, restoring itself and its natural balances. So you need to support that, and support the bodies natural methods of recalibrating, cleansing, and detoxing.

To be honest, I used to be skeptical of simple, holistic methods, I only used medications and strong western methods. But because I became so anxious (I got anti-anxiety medication to help with heart palpitations and anxiety) I finally tried seeing different doctors who helped me understand what actually was happening in my system, and how to help my body detox and start to heal and recover.

I took supplements like Milk Thistle (which helps flush the liver and aids in detoxing all the toxins that got stored up), Dandelion Root (also good for detoxing), and Vitamin D and Magnesium. Most Americans (up to 50% are deficient in both vitamin D and magnesium, and they are essential, crucial for healthy body systems, especially for someone coming off of finasteride and who's body is in serious flux). Magnesium also helped me with my erections. I also started a good multi-vitamin, started taking fish oil, priobiotics, etc...

I also did acupuncture, therapy, and using a sauna to detox. I also read Dave Asprey's book The BulletProof Diet, and David Perlmutter's book Grain Brain, and began a low-carb and high-fat diet. It really helps, I promise! After 6 months I got so much better - I was able to begin having erections, felt calmer, less anxious and much more sane. After 9 months, and then for sure after a year, I was 100% back to my old self. I can have the best erections I have ever had, feel much better.

I am fully convinced that all of you can get better, and reclaim your lives from this terrible drug. I know I did, and I have met others who have. I am telling you, read those books, get on a clean diet, take good care of your bodies, DRINK A LOT OF WATER, with lemon juice in it, which really helps the liver cleanse and detox, take some milk thistle and good supplements, and all of this will help your body naturally re-equilibrize and recover and heal. Also important is to get emotional support from friends, family, therapist, etc.. I needed to reach out and ask for help, and that is ok. In fact it can really help.

I hope this might be helpful to some of you - just remember, it may look dark and bleak, but trust me, it will pass, and there is always light around the corner, and ways forward towards health and healing.