Finasteride Damages Your Brain Over Time

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's proven that finasteride depletes certain neurosteroids via inhibition of their pathways through 5AR. It's logical to assume that the common brain fog symptoms is actually due to dysfunction of the brain caused from neurosteroid depletion.

Prove me wrong. You can't.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
very unsettling. luckily the brain relies on many hormones, so you probably won't get anatomical changes due to it. there are ways to compensate i guess. and there's always 5ar1.

g.i joey

Reaction score
It's proven that finasteride depletes certain neurosteroids via inhibition of their pathways through 5AR. It's logical to assume that the common brain fog symptoms is actually due to dysfunction of the brain caused from neurosteroid depletion.

Prove me wrong. You can't.
Post a study.

Why is it that people with brain fog recover when ceasing treatment if it causes permanent damage?

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post a study.

Why is it that people with brain fog recover when ceasing treatment if it causes permanent damage?

People have different thresholds of tolerance. Eventually having chronic depletion of critical neurosteroids is going to lead to brain damaging alterations.

Allopregnanolone, a key neurosteroid, is shown to be massively important in things like neurogenesis within the brain. By inhibiting it, you're effectively crippling your ability to have proper neurogenesis, thereby effecting cognitive ability negatively. Neurogenesis is very important in the adult brain for things like learning new skills and remembering new information.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23890183
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18758053
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18758053
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27090561
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26415119
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27255705

There you go.

youngster

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think people with 5ar deficiency have such problems, do you have an explanation for this?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You'll probably only have to use Finasteride for another 5 years at most. I don't think it will be a problem.

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think people with 5ar deficiency have such problems, do you have an explanation for this?
Except, they do have such problems. I've met 2 people with 5AR deficiency, both are relatives. Both suffer from depression/anxiety, have seizures, and always complain of cloudy headedness.

youngster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Strong broscience. Did you grab the time period out of thin air?

I'm guessing he's thinking of CB-03-01, JAK inhibs (possibly), Brotzu's, etc. There is good reason to believe that a finasteride alternative will be available within 5 years.

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm guessing he's thinking of CB-03-01, JAK inhibs (possibly), Brotzu's, etc. There is good reason to believe that a finasteride alternative will be available within 5 years.

They've been saying that for the 15 years. "Don't worry boys, just give it another few years and surely the scientists will find a better way!".

youngster

My Regimen
Reaction score
They've been saying that for the 15 years. "Don't worry boys, just give it another few years and surely the scientists will find a better way!".

I know they have. The difference is, we actually have ongoing trials right now, from several sources, all showing promise. We're not just hoping the 'scientists in the labs' will come up with something soon. We are literally waiting for trial results.

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know they have. The difference is, we actually have ongoing trials right now, from several sources, all showing promise. We're not just hoping the 'scientists in the labs' will come up with something soon. We are literally waiting for trial results.

Then hopefully we see something soon.

g.i joey

Reaction score
when 95% of your backed up posts are about rats and guinea pigs, this is where you lose all credibility.

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
when 95% of your backed up posts are about rats and guinea pigs, this is where you lose all credibility.

Rat/animal models have been used as proven scientific resources to validate theories and study human systems for a long time. They are very powerful and robust models. The immune system is a good example of something that was throughly researched and studied through rat models providing much of the scientific data and knowledge we have that can equate to humans. If you're disregarding my studies because they're rat/animal models, that is simply a testament to your ignorance. Or perhaps you simply don't want to believe it for your own sake. Perhaps both.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Strong broscience. Did you grab the time period out of thin air?

There wasn't really any science in my post, bro- or otherwise.

I made a guess based on all the available compounds that people are already experimenting with, as well as all the ones currently being cooked in labs, that within 5 years at MOST, there will be an alternative way to maintain with similar efficacy and lesser or no side effects.

Hell, you can probably already do that right now with adequate doses of Seti and PGE2. Look at westonci. He's doing it right now.
Most likely wouldn't work for everyone, but neither does Finasteride.

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
There wasn't really any science in my post, bro- or otherwise.

I made a guess based on all the available compounds that people are already experimenting with, as well as all the ones currently being cooked in labs, that within 5 years at MOST, there will be an alternative way to maintain with similar efficacy and lesser or no side effects.

Hell, you can probably already do that right now with adequate doses of Seti and PGE2. Look at westonci. He's doing it right now.
Most likely wouldn't work for everyone, but neither does Finasteride.

That would be nice. Heres to hoping, bro.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Rat/animal models have been used as proven scientific resources to validate theories and study human systems for a long time. They are very powerful and robust models. The immune system is a good example of something that was throughly researched and studied through rat models providing much of the scientific data and knowledge we have that can equate to humans. If you're disregarding my studies because they're rat/animal models, that is simply a testament to your ignorance. Or perhaps you simply don't want to believe it for your own sake. Perhaps both.

well yeah i do take finasteride and dont like to hear of it causing brain damage, it isnt a side effect id be willing to risk to be honest. Ive been on 3 months and dont feel anything that would correlate to brain damage. But the rat models just arent credible enough for me. Its like the 1000's of treatments that grew hair on rats they thought it would grow hair on humans, but they didnt.

I dont feel any depressing symptoms while on finasteride so until i do ill still believe finasteride doesnt cause brain damage. I actually got brain fog the first time around trying finasteride and i stopped and went completely back to normal. Anyways, the same way only some get sides and some get different degrees of side effects just shows how different the drug reacts with each person.

mitch1211

My Regimen
Reaction score
well yeah i do take finasteride and dont like to hear of it causing brain damage, it isnt a side effect id be willing to risk to be honest. Ive been on 3 months and dont feel anything that would correlate to brain damage. But the rat models just arent credible enough for me. Its like the 1000's of treatments that grew hair on rats they thought it would grow hair on humans, but they didnt.

I dont feel any depressing symptoms while on finasteride so until i do ill still believe finasteride doesnt cause brain damage. I actually got brain fog the first time around trying finasteride and i stopped and went completely back to normal. Anyways, the same way only some get sides and some get different degrees of side effects just shows how different the drug reacts with each person.

Indeed. Well if you don't get side effects, more power to you then.