finasteride causing anyone else having problems in bed?

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
The finasteride is def slowing down my hair loss with the minoxidil keeping it thick but damn my dick keeps refusing to show up to work! I'm in shape and good looking and had a good amount of girls down to sleep with me but I keep having trouble getting it up while we're having sex. Yesterday a girl from tinder came over to my house and she left very disappointed when my dick just wouldn't get up for her half way through. Is it even worth it at this point to keep hair to get girls if I can't even step up to bat when it matters? Anyone else here have the same problems, and how did u deal with it?

g.i joey

Reaction score
The finasteride is def slowing down my hair loss with the minoxidil keeping it thick but damn my dick keeps refusing to show up to work! I'm in shape and good looking and had a good amount of girls down to sleep with me but I keep having trouble getting it up while we're having sex. Yesterday a girl from tinder came over to my house and she left very disappointed when my dick just wouldn't get up for her half way through. Is it even worth it at this point to keep hair to get girls if I can't even step up to bat when it matters? Anyone else here have the same problems, and how did u deal with it?

Ultimately no it isn't worth it..if someone does have thay side effect then you're trading off 10 years of having sex for 10 more years with hair. In the end it's your decision.

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to if there's a formulaic way to take finasteride, such as a certain time of the day, before sleep or morning, empty stomach or with meal to decrease the chances of bad libido

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you drink? How's your liver? I had problems but it was because my liver couldn't handle the medication. Basically, damage to the liver can cause a rise in estrogen which can impair sexual function somewhat. You could get your liver tested to see if your enzyme count is high, then go off the drug for a month and then see if the enzyme count goes down. It will be hard to judge because you didn't get your liver tested prior to the drug.
If the enzyme is high, maybe you have a pre-existing problem with your liver and taking finasteride is exacerbating it. Perhaps removing the cause of the problem will allow you to take the drug unhindered. OR finasteride is the reason for the high enzyme count, in which case you should quit the drug because it's damaging your liver over time.

I don't have any studies to back this, just my own experience. I don't see many who complain about sides getting bloodwork for their liver but it's something I would definitely encourage. I'm not sure lowering dht can directly cause such things, and wish more people would look into liver problems/other possible health issues before claiming finasteride for their issues. If it's not an option for whatever reason then you need to weigh up what means more to you. I would quit the drug though personally. I took the drug for about 4-5 months and I'm not sure exactly how many months it took for me to go back to normal after I quit but I would say three at most.

Good luck.

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
This is why i will never even try finasteride when i read stuff like this i just really dont think its worth to even take the risk but thats just me,obviously if you dont get sides its awsome and i no people say if you never try youll never no but id constantly be paranoid and i no that being paranoid about it before even taking it is a bad idea,messing with hormones is to risky in my opinion i gues im destined to be bald.