finasteride can suck my D*#!

snake20

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that finasteride can kiss my white ***. Never has my hair ever looked worse (and no, it really didn't look like this 3 weeks ago), never have I EVER had this many zits (all over my hairline and forehead), and never has my face and forehead been this oily! finasteride has made me look like absolute sh*t!! My temples are now so thin to the point that I just look at them and hair falls out. Not to scare anyone though......but I think Merck better do some more tests. finasteride has officially fucked my hair up and now I'm kicking finasteride to the curb.

Chow!

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is just pointless whingeing.

You've been on it for three weeks, if you did any research before you started taking it you surely know that it frequently causes an initial shed and that you need to give it much more time before making an assessment of its effectiveness.

VWdude

Reaction score
I guess you are just a non responder... finasteride has done many great things for many people!

snake20

Reaction score
tell ya what

I'll tell ya what. Come scrape the oil off of my forehead and look at the damn zits this sh*t has given me. With oil from my forehead alone we can quit relying on the middle east.

Basically, finasteride has fucked my sh*t up and I'm mad at finasteride. It was supposed to be my freind but it stabbed me in the back.

Bad finasteride, bad.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You changing your hormones with the finasteride which is causing the oily skin and the spots.

Once your body adjusts to the new situation this should go away.

snake20

Reaction score
It damn well better. I'm currently taking Proscar (1.25 mg daily). Would I still get the benefits and possibly lose some side effects if I cut it down to 1.25 mg every other day?

Your answer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Global.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Three weeks is a massive data set to conclude that finasteride does not work and is the source of your oily skin and zits. I am glad you allowed the medicine time to work and took the advice of everyone on this website who pleads with people to give it time.
Another member of the forum who has spent the time to read the reduntant posts talking about how hair goes through long cycles and that sides from finasteride are rare and typically subside once the body has time to adjust. Thanks....

oni

Reaction score
Give the stuff 3 months if your zits and such don't go away by then you can start bitching about finasteride giving you sh*t skin :shock: try getting some Nizoral 2% on your head and hair line might help!

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
snake20 said:
It damn well better. I'm currently taking Proscar (1.25 mg daily). Would I still get the benefits and possibly lose some side effects if I cut it down to 1.25 mg every other day?

Your answer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Global.

I wouldn't change anything now as that will just make your hormones fluctuate more and prolong the problems. Stick with the 1.25mg/day and just stick it out.

I too have problems with greasy forehead, try some of the anti-shine creams on the market and wipe off the grease with a tissue several times a day.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
It's funny to me, not ha ha funny but funny or maybe wierd, when I read these posts about finasteride. I do get more zits than a 31 year old should and I have to admit my forehead is oily at times but that is an exceptable trade off to have hair. When I started finasteride 6 years ago I don't think I had ANY shedding or side effects. May be that when I started it I pretty much had a full head of hair ( just thinnin) so I didn't notice. The point is don't be a pill hater after a month or 2. Give your body time to adjust to the drug. When you first got drunk did you hate alchohol, maybe, but after awhile your body adjusted and now I bet you love it.

Coinsidently I have Proscar at home, looking to change to proscar of Propecia. I may or may not get side effects from the switch but thats a chance I am willing to take.

snake20

Reaction score
Hey guys......you're right. I am whining! I don't mean to, but I just really like my hair and don't want to lose it (damn it). In your humble opinions, do you think the 1% nizoral is just as effective as the 2% or should I try to get a prescription for the 2%? What do you guys think?

I am going to give the drug a very good amount of time........just a quick "freak out" session was all I was having earlier.
Sorry about that.

Anyway, what do you guys think? 1% or 2%?

misterium

Reaction score
I also wonder if it is time for me to upgrade to 2%...

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
snake20 said:
Hey guys......you're right. I am whining! I don't mean to, but I just really like my hair and don't want to lose it (damn it). In your humble opinions, do you think the 1% nizoral is just as effective as the 2% or should I try to get a prescription for the 2%? What do you guys think?

I am going to give the drug a very good amount of time........just a quick "freak out" session was all I was having earlier.
Sorry about that.

Anyway, what do you guys think? 1% or 2%?

I have read HairLossTalk.com saying in 1 post that 1% is as good as 2%,

snake20

Reaction score
okay

You guys.....thanks for putting up with the whining and calming me down. I'm not going to let oily skin get in the way of my hair!! I will stick the finasteride out and hopefully Proscar and I can become friends again.

Thanks guys! One more question, though. There is ONE person in my entire family that is bald. It is my MOM'S GRANDFATHER.....or my Great Grandfather. What are the odds that I got his gene passed to me??

Likely or not very......please tell me.

That's all....no more whining.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also wonder if it is time for me to upgrade to 2%...

You´ll be doing the same by putting a double amount of 1% in every wash.

asm

Reaction score
Snake20, to avoid acne buy multivitamins containing vitamin A. If acne is not so huge, it would help. It helped me. Vitamin A is also in Accutane, which is for acne, so it will work for you the same.

May be retinol (vitamin A) will do job even for your oily skin - it depends on ammount of vitamin you will take. You can help your skin also cutting down carbohydrates in the ration and start some aerobic activities.

Remember that vitamin A in high dosage is very dangerous.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Let the dude b**ch, everyone has come on this site and pissed and moaned about treatments, hair loss, etc. As long as he stays on the treatment he will be fine, until then there is no need for rude comments. :wink:

snake20

Reaction score
Odelay,

I don't mind the rude comments because I brought it on myself. In fact, the replies from these people made me not b**ch. I was having a bad day and took it out on the forums. My bad.....won't ever happen again.

One question.....If my MOM's Grandfather (my great grandfather) was NW6, what are the odds I could end up like him??

Just a quick question.

Thanks guys,

Snake