Finasteride BRAIN FOG

J.WayneUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, you think experiencing brain fog is only a coincidence or that's a proven side effect?

br1

Reaction score
i never felt that.. actually, kinda got that when I quit finasteride.. but it was from being super depressed and stressed about my hair getting worse each day.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, you think experiencing brain fog is only a coincidence or that's a proven side effect?

I have gotten brain fog before starting finasteride.

A lot of PFS symptoms could be attributed to stress/depression/anxiety.

More research needs to be done

My 2 cents

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did experience some brain fog for the first two weeks of taking finasteride but that went away afterwards been on it for 6 months now no sides

shookwun

Reaction score
Try not masturbating so much, and being on the computer all day. (SRS)

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Don't take Finasteride on special occasions like exams,outing,functions,etc even when you are not having side effect.

shookwun

Reaction score
like i said, try not masturbating so much, and stay at home on the computer all day.

get that oxygen, and blood flowing then tell me you have 'brain fog'

Megnus

Reaction score
I feel like I have had brain fog ever since I started. What made everything better was to start working out 4 times a week.

J.WayneUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't be nihilist, you're a veteran here but tell me, obv you know finasteride reduces testosterone levels, you know what lowered testosterone levels can cause on long term?
Beyond sex drive and mood changes..

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

TransientHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Brain fog isn't even a real condition, is it? Even so, I feel like I've experienced it both on and off of Finasteride, and have had it for what seems like most of my life. I wonder if the condition is perhaps just a natural fluctuation in mental clarity that everyone experiences, and some of those on Finasteride make it out to be more than what it actually is.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
This is a pretty interesting little read. Was only published last week. Looks like PFS is more prevalent in those with a pre-existing history of mental disorder/depression.

It doesn't surprise me so many people on HairLossTalk.com get it then, internet forums are the sort of places that tend to attract guys that like to overthink **** so when they overthink their hair loss they get all depressed.