finasteride - Bad first few months then good?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Useful for those of us in the first few months on finasteride that are seeing increased loss and are looking for re-assurance that it will hopefully get better.

I am seeing a side of tiredness which is difficult to overcome but increased hair loss. Was just receding but recede is worse and appears more diffuse loss that wasn't there before starting finasteride (on it just over 2 months).

Did many of you see this negative reaction to finasteride first few months and then it got better or did some of you just see it continue to go down hill. I'm just looking for a turnaround point that loss subsides as every week it get closer to shave which I don't to do if I see that lowest point soon. Really hoping lowest point at 3 months which is now very soon.

If tiredness is an adverse reaction to finasteride then may be better to stop but that's a big decision after coming this far..who decided to stop and what happened in the following months..

G

Sry, but I can´t give you any hope. I am seven months into treatment and still balding at an incredible pace. Maybe finasteride slowed down the inevitable. I don´t know I can only pray that it gets better soon.....

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seems like there are quite a number of people not responding at 6 months and even beyond and often still shedding. This does not make me confident about continuing despite Merks studies..mines worse every day now all over and recession is very obvious as I can no longer style it out. When I started finasteride I had 3 times the amount of hair I have now and thats in less than 3 months..seems finasteride has accelerated it as that's not normal speed of loss.

I hope yours kicks in soon..should do if its going to at 6 months + otherwise you have to feel it does not work for you and maybe change to dutasteride

G

fucked_big.gif

No seriously though, I'd give it a year. Hopefully you won't up worse off than when you started after that time. But if you do, it wasn't because of the finasteride. It's because the finasteride wasn't blocking a high enough percentage of 5ar2 to stop your loss.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks Jayman....

humour is key to this forum :roll:

i keep hoping ...

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I found it to be beneficial within weeks, around the 3 month mark I am begining to lose quite a bit of hair again, it might be 'shedding', it might not.. I started Rogaine a week ago, it could be that, I also missed 1 finasteride and 1 minoxidil at the weekend.. these things will happen, and really.. they're not worth worrying about, if you really want to know whether or not you're going to respond just make the decision that you're commited to the treatment for a minimum of 12 months and ride out the ups and downs.

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
Dudes,

Just relax. I have just checked some old fotos from 3-4 years ago, and I`m certain that my hair is, if not in a better shape, but at least it looks nearly 100% same. Of course there still are "bad hair days" but since I have had those for the past 12 years or so there is nothing new in them.

In my case, I think that I have the ultimate regimen modern technology can provide (The Big 3 + copper peptides). Costs me about 50€-60€ per month, but who cares? I just got a 180€ fine for not stopping before a "stop" sign in a quiet crossroad :evil: .

The best advice there is is to have patience. And maybe buy some better quality shampoos etc. than the ones that the nearest supermarket has to offer. IMO American Crew products are without doubt the best ones.

RP