finasteride at 21, short story and advice?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I used to lurk here a lot before i took the finasteride plunge and i think its great if everyone regardless of their results give feedback to help get a rounder picture of what its like. This forum helped me evaluate whether to take finasteride so i'm just gonna give my quick story so far, just to help others decide. Dad has male pattern baldness lost most of his hair by the age of 30, a little left on the top and back. My hair started very slow recession probably around age 17-18, really slowly. At first its hard to fathom and it really go to me,but over time I've pretty much accepted it now whatever happens happens. Im still trying to stop it though! After endless nights contemplating what i should do and trying things like regaine for 6 months (no results for frontal as mostly expected) I decided to take finasteride and try to stop it early. By then i was almost 21 and probably Norwood 1.5 (I find it pretty hard to gauge). So I used boots chemist in the UK to get it online, perfectly safe but expensive. I started for the first 2 months doing 0.5 every other day and for the past 6 months i've been on 1 propecia a day.

Side Effects.

So far all i can think is maybe watery seamen, but again i don't take notes about this stuff so meh. My GF at the time also said my spunk tasted different. The worries about side effects probably prolonged getting on finasteride for about a year but overall pretty much no side effects at all, so i take that as a success. Regarding a shed sometimes it feels like my hair sheds more and sometimes less but no real change from before taking finasteride.

Results

Pretty disappointing, i know its questioned if finasteride works on recession but tbh my hair has probably receded at the same pace as before. I believe my hair overall looks a little better and maybe thicker but recession wise finasteride hasn't done anything.

Im here looking for advice from others regarding when they saw results in recession from propecia 1mg. Im probably going to start doing that special shampoo too but am thinking about giving up finasteride as its expensive and useless atm.

Best regards i hope my story can help some others decide if they take the plunge or not.

FormerFro

Reaction score
You're only 8 months in. It might take 2 years to notice a sizeable difference.. relax and let it do its thing.

AntiAndrogen

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I used to lurk here a lot before i took the finasteride plunge and i think its great if everyone regardless of their results give feedback to help get a rounder picture of what its like. This forum helped me evaluate whether to take finasteride so i'm just gonna give my quick story so far, just to help others decide. Dad has male pattern baldness lost most of his hair by the age of 30, a little left on the top and back. My hair started very slow recession probably around age 17-18, really slowly. At first its hard to fathom and it really go to me,but over time I've pretty much accepted it now whatever happens happens. Im still trying to stop it though! After endless nights contemplating what i should do and trying things like regaine for 6 months (no results for frontal as mostly expected) I decided to take finasteride and try to stop it early. By then i was almost 21 and probably Norwood 1.5 (I find it pretty hard to gauge). So I used boots chemist in the UK to get it online, perfectly safe but expensive. I started for the first 2 months doing 0.5 every other day and for the past 6 months i've been on 1 propecia a day.

Side Effects.

So far all i can think is maybe watery seamen, but again i don't take notes about this stuff so meh. My GF at the time also said my spunk tasted different. The worries about side effects probably prolonged getting on finasteride for about a year but overall pretty much no side effects at all, so i take that as a success. Regarding a shed sometimes it feels like my hair sheds more and sometimes less but no real change from before taking finasteride.

Results

Pretty disappointing, i know its questioned if finasteride works on recession but tbh my hair has probably receded at the same pace as before. I believe my hair overall looks a little better and maybe thicker but recession wise finasteride hasn't done anything.

Im here looking for advice from others regarding when they saw results in recession from propecia 1mg. Im probably going to start doing that special shampoo too but am thinking about giving up finasteride as its expensive and useless atm.

Best regards i hope my story can help some others decide if they take the plunge or not.

Stay on finasteride. You don't know that you might have lost a lot more without it. You don't sound like you have bad sides and there are so many accounts of people stopping it then shedding. I say stay the course.

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Side Effects.

Results

It made your semen taste different? Really?

Mja017

Reaction score
Is it that hard to believe @diffuser44 ? Lots of things can make semen taste weird - cigarettes, diet, drugs - I hear guiness makes jizz taste awful.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
My gf says mine has always tasted bad and there is no diffrence between before and after finasteride...though if I eat a lot of meat it gets worse apparently. I doubt it is a bad sign.