finasteride and regrowth?

Trigun

Reaction score
I read somewhere that finasteride is really for maintenance as opposed to regrowth, especially if initial hair loss appeared more than a few years ago.

Has anyone experienced any significant regrowth with finasteride and if so what kind of shedding did you experience? Just trying to find out as much as possible before I might decide to try it.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride can give you regrowth. I dont know how but reading this site for some months now, i have gotten the idea that finasteride can give you cool crown regrowth but not that good frontal/hairline.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you've been reading this forum for months and u still don't know how finasteride gives regrowth?? it inhibits 80% of the main culprit of male pattern baldness! without, follicles are able to breathe and consequently grow again! but yeah, if u want regrowth, go with minoxidil.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3 years ago (at 18 ) my hair was PERFECT, thick as a tree trunk, now i'm a nw3...hair line receeded way back and is now thinning out the top very rapidly.

since my hair loss has all occured so recently, will my treatments have a better chance at restoring the hair that i have lost? my hairline still has lots of small thin hairs.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
3 years ago (at 18 ) my hair was PERFECT, thick as a tree trunk, now i'm a nw3...hair line receeded way back and is now thinning out the top very rapidly.

since my hair loss has all occured so recently, will my treatments have a better chance at restoring the hair that i have lost? my hairline still has lots of small thin hairs.

yeah, what he said. I have alot of miniaturizing and am wondering if finasteride can let them regrow again. I have been taking finasteride for 2 weeks so I know it is early but just want some hope i guess.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
you've been reading this forum for months and u still don't know how finasteride gives regrowth?? it inhibits 80% of the main culprit of male pattern baldness! without, follicles are able to breathe and consequently grow again! but yeah, if u want regrowth, go with minoxidil.

I know what finasteride does, but things over male pattern baldness are not that simple. If it was that simple, propecia should be the solution of baldness.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
MPBWarrior said:

I know what finasteride does, but things over male pattern baldness are not that simple. If it was that simple, propecia should be the solution of baldness.
no, i shouldn't because it all depends on how sensitive follicles are to androgen hormones. that 20% remaining of DHT still does enough damage to make propecia not the ultimate solution.