Finasteride And Minoxidil Results After One Year.

Ummwhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey kids,

About a year ago I realized my hair was getting thinner. I mean, I knew for a while but I thought it was only noticeable to me but then multiple people started mentioning it to me ( like a buncha jerks). So I decided to give finasteride and minoxidil a shot.

At the 3rd month I began shedding but read that it was normal so I powered through. I took a lot of photos and just waited. I would say around the 6 month mark is when I noticed that the finestaride and minoxidil might be working. Just as I was starting to feel good about it I got the 8th months mark and BAM. I was shedding like CRAZY. I would shake my hands through my hair over the sink and then count them (ya know, like a crazy person). I would count hundreds of hairs everyday and I was convinced the finasteride stopped working. But then about 6 weeks later the shedding completely stopped.

It's been about a year and I have to say I am happy with the results. I have hundreds of pictures and notes on my phone tracking my progress and making sure my progress is accurate. I've basically become a detective but sadder. Trying to solve the case of what's happening on the top of my head.

I will put the pictures below

*These 3 are from the first month
SmartSelect_20190924-011257_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20190924-011319_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20190924-011349_Drive.jpg

*And these three are from today
SmartSelect_20190924-011145_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20190924-011156_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20190924-011214_Gallery.jpg

What you cant see in the photos is my hair has gotten darker and feels much fuller. Also my hairline is slightly receded and has not changed much at all other than feels thicker.

I have had no negative side effects and plan on continuing.

Last edited:

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results, always keep going. This is massive success, I wouldn't even think you had a hairloss problem if I saw you in the street.

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fantastic results. This is exactly why people need to wait at least a year when they get on finasteride. I'm very happy for you.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d rather be bald than look like a woman.
then the conversation is over, don’t look for other means, they are simply not there, there is reductase there is aromatase, aromatase encodes estrogens, reductase androgens. Aromatase encodes androgens into estrogens, more aromatase, you are not bald! More reductase, that is, androgens, bald and bald. Do not use inhibitors 5a they won’t help because they increase testosterone, that is, androgen reductase! I hope I have explained it clearly!

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
then the conversation is over, don’t look for other means, they are simply not there, there is reductase there is aromatase, aromatase encodes estrogens, reductase androgens. Aromatase encodes androgens into estrogens, more aromatase, you are not bald! More reductase, that is, androgens, bald and bald. Do not use inhibitors 5a they won’t help because they increase testosterone, that is, androgen reductase! I hope I have explained it clearly!
Get help seriously

Ummwhat

My Regimen
Reaction score

I never had any side effects. I understand this is different for other ppl and each person responds differently.

Ummwhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread should be shown to those who start shedding on finasteride or dutasteride.

I agree. So many times when I was shedding I would look to find someone who actually went through a shed and came out the other side. A lot of ppl post while the shed is happening but not what happened next.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
keep going bald on with finasteride or dutasteride! they are sh*t that will leave you completely hairless!

This guy has had a remarkably positive response to min and finasteride not sure why he would listen to this.