Finasteride And Minoxidil Doesn't Seem To Be Helping, I'm Just Diffusing All Over

inmyhead

Reaction score
Balding all over my head, density dropping every day, shedding a lot of hairs, finasteride and minoxidil didn't change anything. Any way to fix this?

I just don't understand not a single minutiarized hair but density just keeps dropping.

Pictures -> https://imgur.com/a/jpy92eB ( red dots are from dermarolling)

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
inmyhead

I feel as confused as you do because I am experiencing the same at the moment. I am not really losing any hair, but my hair just isn't growing and wants to keep getting thinner by the day. If this keeps up I think I might as well be bald in a month or two. I am currently trying to figure out a way to get on Avodart (dutasteride). I can't think of any other way to solve my problem or our problem. It is crazy because in 3 and a half months it's like all my hair is gone. I guess you could get some bloodwork done to rule out all other possible reasons which would narrow your condition down to diffused unpatterned alopecia (dupa) which is the worst type of hair loss because it all goes gradually. Kinda the same way wemen lose hair all throughout their scalp instead of in the Norwood style. However, I have been told that if a person can find a treatment that reverses the loss then people with this form of hair loss can end up having better cosmetic results. By this I mean the destruction of hair follicles from DHT is spread all throughout the scalp instead of focused in one or two specific areas of the scalp, so reversal can potentially give a person back full coverage or good density. How long have you been on finasteride for and are you experiencing any burning feeling on your scalp?

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bet ifyou had your hair checked for minutiarisation under a scope it would tell a different story. Get a microscope off amazon and have a look for yourself. Saves money seeing a derm.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
inmyhead

Hi, I just recently had my blood work done and I thought I would share with you the results of my test seeing as how our hair situation is similar. I went to my doctor and had the following tested.

Basic blood counts (CBC)
Thyroid (TSH)
Iron status (Ferritin)
ANA (Antinuclear Antibodies)
Vitamin B12
Vitamin D
ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
Total testosterone including DHT
Sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG)
Estrogen level

The results of this test show that I am low or have a deficient amount of Vitamin D, Iron (Ferrous Sulfate), and tested positive for Antinuclear Antibodies. The positive for Antinuclear Antibodies could indicate that I have an autoimmune condition. I am not entirely sure if these results are causing my hair loss, but they could definitely be a contributing factor. For this reason, I think some blood work might help. I think if the body is under stress or deficient it could potentially cause a telogen effluvium, but time will tell.

Vannacci

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to stop minoxidil, it's all bullshit, just take Fina or Duta ;)
Have patience and you will see improvments.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Vannacci no dermatologist in the world seems to want to give dutasteride and online suppliers don't seem trustworthy. I am starting to feel like if finasteride doesn't work or minoxidil it is game over.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on Minoxidil? Almost two years on oral. Crazy initial shed and never recovered but afraid to stop.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bluecyclone how has the topical finasteride been working for you and do you make it yourself? I just seen another derm the other day and tried getting duta, but he said no and decided to double my finasteride to 2.5mg a day and now I am thinking about making a topical with the extra to reduce chances of sides. I have a dermatitis that I need to try and heal up, but once I fix that I am going to give it a shot.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seen somebody post that you can dissolve 10mg of finasteride in vodka then after maybe I will incorporate zix in with the solution.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been shedding a lot for the 5 months since starting. Well below baseline and a terrible change since even 6 months ago.

I’m trying to buy into the ‘initiation’ shed logic and will keep going.

Sorry not too much of a review. No real sides though. A little fog and forgetfulness.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your shedding blue. Do you think the brain fog might be coming from the RU 58841. I am trying to find something to add to my regimen that actually works because I could be allergic to minoxidil but am getting overwhelmed. I did look through the kane shop and there is so many different choices and studies. Does you Scalp itch more since starting topical finasteride and burn with white flaking because thats what I went through with minoxidil and hair loss all over. Anyway, what was your Ru experience like anything good come of it like regrowth or less hair fall?

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean, friend? You think i'm not losing hair? I'm shedding alot, density is way worse in male pattern baldness areas :)
No,my friend....You're not cursed with this disease...99% of people in here would kill for your hair!!!
Not a single miniaturized follicle...Just a mature hairline...Your hair looks thick and healthy...
lEgRbrB.jpg
Go out and have some fun with your life...And enjoy chicks most of all...Don't let an imaginary problem halt your life!

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding all over my head, density dropping every day, shedding a lot of hairs, finasteride and minoxidil didn't change anything. Any way to fix this?

I just don't understand not a single minutiarized hair but density just keeps dropping.

Pictures -> https://imgur.com/a/jpy92eB ( red dots are from dermarolling)
how long have you been on it? I am 8 months on finasteride and second shed and miniaturized hair..strands get thinner a thinner and not growing and falling out (even the short hairs) and diffusing all over but mostly on top and crown. i was better than i started.

inmyhead

Reaction score
how long have you been on it? I am 8 months on finasteride and second shed and miniaturized hair..strands get thinner a thinner and not growing and falling out (even the short hairs) and diffusing all over but mostly on top and crown. i was better than i started.

5 month now. But my shedding hasn't changed at all. Just no effect. I think i'm going to start needling at 2.5mm with fastest derminator speed as the last effort.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
inmyhead

I feel as confused as you do because I am experiencing the same at the moment. I am not really losing any hair, but my hair just isn't growing and wants to keep getting thinner by the day. If this keeps up I think I might as well be bald in a month or two. I am currently trying to figure out a way to get on Avodart (dutasteride). I can't think of any other way to solve my problem or our problem. It is crazy because in 3 and a half months it's like all my hair is gone. I guess you could get some bloodwork done to rule out all other possible reasons which would narrow your condition down to diffused unpatterned alopecia (dupa) which is the worst type of hair loss because it all goes gradually. Kinda the same way wemen lose hair all throughout their scalp instead of in the Norwood style. However, I have been told that if a person can find a treatment that reverses the loss then people with this form of hair loss can end up having better cosmetic results. By this I mean the destruction of hair follicles from DHT is spread all throughout the scalp instead of focused in one or two specific areas of the scalp, so reversal can potentially give a person back full coverage or good density. How long have you been on finasteride for and are you experiencing any burning feeling on your scalp?
how long ave you been on it...i'm losing hair and getting burning feeling so i decreased my dosage from 1mg to .5 of the finasteride - to ease up on the hair lost/shed (2nd shed) and irritated scalp of Telogen Effluvium i believe (never had this prior to finasteride)...i'm started to regret finasteride but so invested i might give it a full year as i am already at 8 months but some people take 1 and half years or longer even to see results...i don't know. ffs

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 month now. But my shedding hasn't changed at all. Just no effect. I think i'm going to start needling at 2.5mm with fastest derminator speed as the last effort.
I tried dermaroller but with a shorter needle and even tried prp (done it myself and tried injecting but too painful and depth was very difficult so i stuck to dermarolling PRP instead)...seem to not help but irritated my scalp...maybe i'm doing it wrong and i'm not doing it that often.

i got my finasteride from alldaychemist...i'm thinking about getting it legit from my doctor.

inmyhead

Reaction score
I tried dermaroller but with a shorter needle and even tried prp (done it myself and tried injecting but too painful and depth was very difficult so i stuck to dermarolling PRP instead)...seem to not help but irritated my scalp...maybe i'm doing it wrong and i'm not doing it that often.

i got my finasteride from alldaychemist...i'm thinking about getting it legit from my doctor.
I see that you are using minoxidil, did it make any difference to you? Because for me it didn't. The only reason i'm not dropping it is that I added sandalore to it recently and i do not have other vechile. I would drop it otherwise.

I don't believe that you have fake finasteride.